The Tamil Nadu state government has launched an initiative known as Pregnant and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation Scheme (PICME), Initiated by the government of Tamil Nadu.
This scheme is to ensure that pregnant women and their neonates in the state receive proper healthcare through public medical systems. It also aims at ensuring financial security of pregnant women, especially from the economically backward communities.
The TN government has also made it mandatory for all women to register with PICME since such registration will facilitate them to get the birth certificate and vaccines for the new born kids.
How PICME Works
PICME works by passively tracking pregnant women in Tamil Nadu. It is mandatory for all pregnant women to register with PICME.
Upon successful registration, pregnant women will receive a 12-digit unique ID from PICME. Using the PICME number, they can get healthcare services and delivery through any of the Primary Healthcare Centres (PHCs) in Tamil Nadu and civil hospitals.
PICME Scheme Overview
|Scheme / Yojana Name
|Pregnant and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation Scheme (PICME)
|This scheme is to ensure that pregnant women and their neonates in the state receive proper healthcare through public medical systems
|financial security of pregnant women, especially from economically backward communities.
Importance of PICME Number
- The government of Tamil Nadu introduced the picme.tn.gov.in portal to assist expectant mothers. It helps the government to track and monitor the problems and needs of pregnant women.
- With the help of the scheme, women can avail of services from local hospitals, health centre and government health facilities.
- The women can also visit their nearest Anganwadi centre or village-level Common Service Centres centre to collect the number.
- Mothers under the scheme are under the surveillance of the nurses available in local areas to ensure the newborn and mother’s health and safety. With this number, it is easy to get a birth certificate.
- Expectant mothers can also contact the nearest Anganwadi center workers or the local nurses to collect the PICME card. The nurse will also assist the women in uploading the required documents to the online portal.
Financial Benefits of PICME Scheme
Under the PICME scheme, after registration, the beneficiaries will get financial assistance of Rs 18000. The Tamil Nadu government will give the financial benefit in instalments.
- After registration at the correct time, the first instalment of Rs 2000 will be received and paid within twelve weeks.
- The second instalment will be paid three months after registration and transferred directly to the beneficiary bank account.
- The third instalment of Rs 2000 will be paid after four months of registration to the beneficiary’s bank account.
- As the fifth instalment, Rs 4000 will be issued after the pregnant woman delivers the child at any civil hospital
- The sixth instalment of RS 4000 will be paid after the baby gets the first doses of vaccination
- The seventh instalment will be given after the child gets two anti-polio vaccines
- The final instalment will be issued when the child is one year old and all vaccines have been given.
Documents Required for PICME
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Spouse’s Aadhaar Card as the Residential proof
- Marriage Certificate
- Medical Reports, including scanning
- Gynaecologist prescriptions
- Last three-month transaction records
- Two photographs
Related Government Scheme:
- TANGEDCO New User Registration Process | TANGEDCO Online Payment
- TN E-Sevai portal, Tnega citizen login – Registration, Citizen Login & Application Status
- Marriage Registration Online in Tamil Nadu 2022- Download TN Marriage CertificateTTD Online Seva – Online Booking, Darshan, Availability, Suprabhata Seva, Rooms, Donations
- How to Apply Community Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu – Eligibility, Documents Required
- PSTM Certificate Tamil Nadu– How to Get PSTM Certificate PDF
PICME Registration & Login Process
Beneficiaries who want to avail of the PICME Number scheme can register through the online portal picme.tn.gov.in or directly consult concerned departments through the offline process.
PICME Registration Offline
- People can contact CSC near them. Pregnant women can register there absolutely free of cost.
- Women can also register by directly calling the toll-free number 102.
- The final procedure is by contacting the nearest government hospital and by connecting with the concerned authorities there.
Online Registration for PICME
To get the number, the pregnant women follow the below process for online PICME registration.
- First, visit the official website of picme.tn.gov.in for PICME registration.
- The home page opens; on the right of the screen, there is an option of pre-registration by the public.
- Click on the pre-registration by the public.
- A new page appears; An application for the registration opens.
- Fill the form with the pregnant women’s name, address, district, municipality/circle name, village, pin code, and select the preferred day and time to visit the VHN.
- Also, enter the email ID, mobile number, captcha code and click on the save option.
- After the registration process is completed, a 12-digit identification number, i.e., PICME number sent to the email ID and mobile number.
- The nearest government healthcare authorities will connect, and the pregnant women must visit the nearby centre so that government will assign the RCH ID.
- Beneficiaries must visit the picme.tn.gov.in online portal to log in.
- Enter the username and password.
- Also, enter the captcha code, and click on submit option.
- After logging into the portal, the beneficiaries can check several details like the status of the financial aids and can also edit the details whenever required.
Checking PICME Number Status
- Pregnant women must visit the picme.tn.gov.in portal to know the PICME number status.
- The home page opens, click on the pre-registration by the public, which is on the right side.
- A new page opens; now click on the application ID status on the menu bar.
- Now a page will display on the screen, enter the application ID and click on submit option.
- Finally, the PICME number status will appear on the screen.
PICME is a superb initiative by the Tamil Nadu government to ensure welfare of pregnant women and their new born child. It is expected to help women from the lower income group to overcome financial hurdles in getting medical help during pregnancy.
Furthermore, the financial aid package under the PICME initiative is also expected to encourage families to help the pregnant woman in getting healthcare services.
The mandatory registration is necessary for all women to get a birth certificate for their new born child. Furthermore, the clause that makes it compulsory for women to get their child vaccinated would ensure that kids born in Tamil Nadu are healthy. The move is expected to cover millions of women across the state.
Other Popular Sarkari Yojana:
- Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana – Complete Guide
- Gram Suraksha Yojana Rural Postal Life Insurance Scheme
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply Online
- Senior Citizens Savings Scheme (SCSS): Complete Guide
- Bihar Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana: Complete Guide
- Bihar Free Laptop Yojana 2021 Online Registration | Eligibility Criteria | Complete Guide