The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister has launched an important initiative, “Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangla Yojana,” to help girl children and eliminate discrimination against females.
The Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana is a superb initiative launched by the Uttar Pradesh state government on October 25, 2019. Parents of girl children in Uttar Pradesh can get Rs.15,000 per child, if they enroll in the Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
The scheme provides monetary benefit for the welfare of girl children in Uttar Pradesh. Under the scheme, parents can get cash up to Rs.15,000 for up to two girl children in a family.
Main Highlights of Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Below are some of the key features of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana that you should be aware about. Therefore, I’m writing about the main highlights of this pioneering scheme.
- This scheme for families with girl children.
- Families with two girl children will get Rs. 15,000 as part of Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
- There main focus of Kanya Sumangala Yojana is to prevent discrimination against girl children by their families and ensuring these girls get proper education.
- The Kanya Sumangala Yojana also aims at combating feticide in Uttar Pradesh while helping the state to have a proper gender ratio between females and males.
- The scheme aims at encouraging low-income families to educate their daughters without worrying about money.
Eligibility for Chief Minister Kanya Sumangala Yojana
If you’re a resident of Uttar Pradesh and would like to avail the Kanya Sumangala Yojana for your girl children, here’s the eligibility criteria. You have to meet all the requirements stipulated by the Uttar Pradesh state government.
- The parents and their daughters should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Kanya Sumangala Yojana is available only for two daughters from a single-family.
- The gross family income should be Rs.300,000, or below per annum.
- Kanya Sumangala Yojana accounts can be opened within six months of the birth of a girl child.
- You can also register for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana benefits if you’ve adopted one or two girl children.
- In case a family gets two girl children as twins, they can also register for the benefits for the third girl child, if she’s born earlier or later.
- The Kanya Sumangala Yojana is specifically aimed at economically weaker families and those who wish to avail of the scheme have to prove their income is below Rs.300,000 per annum. This includes the income of both spouses.
Payment Methods Under Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Families with two girl children will get Rs.15,000 in equal installments as I indicate below. The Uttar Pradesh state government will make these payments to the bank account of the parents as per the schedule below.
- The girl child or twin girls have to be born on or after April 1, 2019. The Uttar Pradesh state government will pay Rs.2,000 upon birth of a girl child or twin girls
- After the first year of vaccinations for the girl child, the government will pay Rs. 1,000 to the parents.
- A sum of Rs. 2,000 will be paid when the girl child or girl twins are admitted to Standard-1 of any school.
- Parents will get Rs.2,000 when the girl child or girl twins are enrolled for Standard-6 at any school in the state.
- Upon admission of the girl child to Standard-9, parent will get Rs. 3,000 from the Uttar Pradesh government.
- Upon successful completion of Secondary School Certificate or Higher Secondary Certificate and admission to a Bachelor’s degree course of Diploma course, the final payment of Rs.5,000 will be made to the parents.
As you can see, the Kanya Sumangala Yojana is linked to the educational progress of a girl child. That means, parents have to enroll their girl children to school and college for availing the benefits of this scheme
Documents Needed for Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana
If you wish to apply for benefits under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana, here’re some of the documents that you’ll require. Remember to keep scanned copies of all these documents because they have to be uploaded online on the website
- Aadhar Card of Parents/Guardians
- Passbook and Bank Details
- Ration Card
- Annual Income Proof
- Certificate of Adoption in case of adopted girl children
- Passport size photographs of Girl Child and Parents
Scanned copies have to be of 100MB size according to the official website. Therefore, have your scans resized to 100MB before uploading them on the website.
Applying for Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The Uttar Pradesh government has opened a special portal for parents of girl children to apply for benefits under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
- Click here for online registration for the scheme.
- Go to the Apply Here link on the portal.
- You’ll have to create a user ID and password to create an account to apply for the scheme.
- New users should read all terms and conditions before clicking on I Agree for signing up.
- Fill up the registration form before clicking on “Send OTP” for verification.
- Upon the next page, you will have to complete verification by entering the OTP garnered on your mobile number.
- Login to the website by entering your user ID and password.
- Fill up the registration form with all necessary details and click ‘Submit’.
- Upload all documents required to complete the process successfully.
Special Provisions for Girls Born Before April 1, 2019
The Uttar Pradesh government has also made special provisions to include girl children born before April 1, 2019, to families earning less than Rs.300,000 per year. However, in such cases, the parents will get only part of the Rs.15,000, depending upon the age of the girl child. If the girl child is already adult legally, the scheme will not be applicable.
Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana Overview
|Scheme / Yojana Name||Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana|
|Yojana Beneficiaries||Girl children in Uttar Pradesh.|
|Page Category||Sarkari Yojana|
|Scheme Objective||to help girl children and eliminate discrimination against females.|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Important Document||Click here|
The Uttar Pradesh state government is encouraging all families that have a combined income of Rs.300,000 or lesser to apply for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana through various public awareness campaigns. This scheme has been hailed as a pioneering step for the welfare of girl children in India.
As I mention earlier, the Kanya Sumangala Yojana aims at boosting education of girls among lower income section of the community in Uttar Pradesh. It also aims at encouraging parents to send their girl children for education and preventing female feticide.
Other Popular Sarkari Yojana:
Gram Suraksha Yojana Rural Postal Life Insurance Scheme
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply Online
Senior Citizens Savings Scheme (SCSS): Complete Guide
Bihar Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana: Complete Guide
Bihar Free Laptop Yojana 2021 Online Registration | Eligibility Criteria | Complete Guide