How to Apply Community Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu – Eligibility, Documents required and the complete step-by-step process will be discussed in this article.
A Community Certificate, also known as Caste Certificate, is essential in the state of Tamil Nadu to get benefits from the government, if you hail from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Caste and similar categories.
If you’re a resident of Tamil Nadu state and wish to acquire the Community Certificate, follow these simple steps that I will discuss further in this article.
Let’s begin by understanding the eligibility criteria for a Tamil Nadu Community Certificate.
- 1 Eligibility for Community Certificate
- 2 Documents Required for Community Certificate in Tamil Nadu
- 3 Applying for Community Certificate
- 4 How to Apply for a Community Certificate in Tamil Nadu Overview
- 5 Applying for Community Certificate from CSC
- 6 FAQs
- 6.1 What is the difference between a community certificate and caste certificate?
- 6.2 What are the uses of a community certificate?
- 6.3 Can I get community certificate for a child?
- 6.4 How do I apply for community certificate offline?
- 6.5 Can I apply for community certificate if I stay outside Tamil Nadu?
- 6.6 How do I verify my community certificate?
Eligibility for Community Certificate
Only persons falling in the following categories are allowed to apply for a Community Certificate in Tamil Nadu.
- You should be a citizen of India
- Have permanent residency in Tamil Nadu
- Belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Castes
- Persons belonging to certain minority groups but falling under the above categories can also apply for a Community Certificate
- Must be three years of age and above
If you meet this criteria, the next step to get a Community Certificate is to apply for a Citizen Access Number (CAN). This has to be done online only.
Documents Required for Community Certificate in Tamil Nadu
You will require the following documents to apply for a community certificate in Tamil Nadu.
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Proof of Birth
- Residence Certificate of Tamil Nadu
- Letter stating purpose of Community Certificate
- Parents community certificate
To apply for various e-services from the Tamil Nadu government online, it is compulsory to have the CAN. Therefore, the next step is to register for the CAN. This can be done at the Tamil Nadu e-Sevai portal.
You have to fill in all your details such as name, address, date of birth and phone number to register for the CAN. You will receive an OTP when you submit the form. Upon keying in the OTP, the system will generate your CAN and a password. These would be sent to your email ID and by SMS to your mobile.
Remember to store your CAN and password carefully since you can’t register for more than one Citizen Access Number.
Applying for Community Certificate
And now, we come to the step of applying for the Community Certificate online from the Tamil Nadu government. This is the simplest step and can be done easily.
- Login to Tamil Nadu e-Sevai portal using your CAN and password.
- Go to the Apply Community Certificate link.
- You will now be directed to the page where you have to submit all personal details to apply for the Community Certificate.
- Fill up your full name in the relevant sections.
- Give your full postal address in the relevant section.
- Provide the Community Certificate number of your father or mother or siblings.
- Also give your Aadhar card number for verification
- You will receive an OTP from Aadhar to verify your card, on your mobile number.
- When you confirm the OTP, your application will be submitted online.
However, there’re some glitches in the online application process for the Community Certificate at the moment. The facility to register is available only to officers of the state government and owners of Common Services Centres (CSCs).
Therefore, the best thing to do is to apply for a Community Certificate at any of the CSCs in Tamil Nadu.
How to Apply for a Community Certificate in Tamil Nadu Overview
|Topic||Apply for a Community Certificate at any of the CSCs in Tamil Nadu.|
|Beneficiaries||Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Caste and similar categories.|
|APPLICATION FORM FOR COMMUNITY CERTIFICATE||Download Here|
Applying for Community Certificate from CSC
Here, you don’t need to do much. Simply carry all your documents to the nearest CSC in your area. They will charge a small fee but readily apply for your Community Certificate. Once the certificate is ready, you can get it downloaded from the CSC too.
The CSC usually charges a small fee for the service. Depending on where you’re applying from, the fees payable at a CSC would range from Rs.50 to Rs.100 per service.
- How to Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card Online – Step-by-step Guide
- Bihar Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana: Complete Guide
These are the simple ways to apply for and download a Community Certificate for Tamil Nadu online as well as offline. There are no other methods to apply for a Community Certificate. This certificate is very important to get benefits from the government.
What is the difference between a community certificate and caste certificate?
A community certificate is the same as a caste certificate. It mentions
the caste in which you are born.
What are the uses of a community certificate?
You can use a community certificate to gain admissions to schools and
colleges under the various quotas of reservation meant for Scheduled
Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes (OBCs). You can
also avail various schemes and benefits from the Central and Tamil Nadu
state government available under for such communities in India and the
Can I get community certificate for a child?
Yes, you can get a community certificate for your child. However, to
apply, you will need to furnish your own community certificate too. A
community certificate to a child is given for the purpose of admissions to
school and availing various benefits under the Central and state
How do I apply for community certificate offline?
If you are unable to apply for a community certificate online, the best
way to get it is by visiting the Common Service Center near your place. These centres can apply for a community certificate for you and download and print it for you
when it’s available online. You can also visit the local district magistrate’s
office and apply to relevant authorities there for a community certificate.
Can I apply for community certificate if I stay outside Tamil Nadu?
No, currently, the facility of getting a community certificate from the
Tamil Nadu government is available only to residents of the state. If you
hail from Tamil Nadu but reside in another state, you cannot apply for the
community certificate unless you have permanent address proof of Tamil
How do I verify my community certificate?
The Tamil Nadu e-Sevai portal has a facility to verify your community
certificate online. You can also verify the certificate by taking it to
relevant authorities in your area and getting copies attested by them for