Bihar Chief Minister Shri Nitish Kumar had announced during the assembly elections 2020, that if his government comes to power again, then an incentive amount of Rs.50,000 will be provided to all eligible girl students under the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana.
Under the proposal, the Bihar government will send the incentive amount to the account of all the women beneficiaries of the scheme.
Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana: An Overview
Under Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana, 1.50 crore girls will be benefited.
During 2020, 140,000 applications were received under this scheme, out of which about 84,344 girls have been the incentive money. Remaining applications have been returned due to incomplete applications by the participating universities.
By rectifying these shortcomings, the remaining beneficiaries will also be benefited under this scheme. A provision of Rs. Three Billion has been made during 2021 under the Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana.
Funds will also be provided by the Bihar government for women to buy sanitary pads and uniforms under Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana
Under Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana by the Government of Bihar, funds will be provided to the girls by the government to buy sanitary napkins and also to buy uniforms. An amount of Rs.150 was earlier provided by the Bihar government to buy sanitary napkins. But now this amount has been doubled. Now an amount of Rs.300 is provided by the Bihar government to buy sanitary napkins.
Similarly, for the purchase of uniform, Rs400 for the first one to two years of age, Rs. 500 for the age of three to five years, Rs. 700 for the age of six to eight years and Rs.1,000 for the age of nine to 12years.
However, now this amount has also been increased. Now the government will provide Rs. 600 for the age of one to two years, Rs.700 for the age of three to five years, Rs. 1,000 for the age of six to eight years and Rs.1,500 for the age of nine to 12 years.
Details of Funds for Girls under the Scheme
- Rs.300 rupees for sanitary napkin
- Rs.600 for Uniform 1 to 2 years
- Rs.700 at the age of 3 to 5 years
- Rs.1,000 at the age of 6 to 8 years
- Rs.1,500 at the age of 9 to 12 years
Purpose of Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana
The main objective of this scheme is to encourage the girls of the state to take higher education. Through this scheme, the girls of Bihar will be provided funds in installments till they get their graduation degree. So that they will be encouraged towards education.
Through this scheme, all the girls will become empowered and the entire state will develop in the field of education. Through Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana, the future of girls in the field of higher education will be bright and they will become self-reliant. Through this scheme, all those parents will also get financial assistance who are unable to raise funds for the education of their daughters.
Eligibility of Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
This scheme has been started by the Government of Bihar to encourage girls of the state for higher education. Under this scheme, an amount of about Rs. 50,000 will be provided to the girls of the state till they get their graduation degree.
- This money will be provided to the girls in installments from their birth till they get their graduation degree.
- About 1.50 crore girls will be able to avail benefits through Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana.
- Only two daughters of a family can avail the benefit of this scheme.
- Under the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana, funds will also be provided by the government for the purchase of sanitary napkins and uniforms.
- The budget of this scheme has been fixed by the government at about Rs. Three Billion.
- Girls and women of any religion, caste, community can take advantage of Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana.
- Through this scheme, child marriage will be stopped and all girls will be encouraged to get education.
- The girl child of the state will become empowered through Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana.
- Through this scheme, the entire state will develop in the field of education.
- Through the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana, the future of the girls of all the states will be bright in the field of higher education and they will become self-reliant.
Documents to Apply Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Bihar state. Therefore, parents need to provide domicile certificate of Bihar state.
- The benefit of this scheme can be availed by only two daughters of a family.
- Aadhar card
- Bank account passbook
- Higher Secondary Certificate mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Valid mobile number
- One passport size photo
- Valid email ID
How to Apply for the Bihar Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
All applications for the Bihar Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana have to be done online only.
You will require a valid mobile phone number and email ID to register for the scheme. That’s because you’ll receive One Time Passwords (OTPs) when you’re applying for the Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana.
Also, further communications will be sent to you by email.
Please note that if you’re submitting your application with proper documents or insufficient information, there’re chances that your request to receive grants under the Mukhya Mantri Kanya Uttan Yojana would be rejected.
According to available information, so far only about 85,000 women that applied for the scheme have managed to get the benefits. The applications by others were rejected because they didn’t contain enough details or the required documents weren’t adequate for further processing.
Bihar Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana
|Scheme / Yojana Name||Bihar Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana|
|Yojana Beneficiaries||Over 1.50 crore girls will be benefited.|
|Page Category||Sarkari Yojana|
|Yojana Objective||Bihar Government has taken an initiative to launch Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana to uplift Bihar’s girls and financially assist them.|
The Mukhya Mantri Kanya Utthan Yojana is expected to provide the much-needed boost to higher education for women in Bihar. It would encourage women to opt for Bachelor degrees and Diplomas in various fields that’re in demand. It also aims at taking away the financial burden of economically families on educating their daughters.