By linking your Aadhaar card to your mobile number, you can conveniently carry out Aadhaar-based tasks. Moreover, this linkage enables you to receive important Aadhaar-related information, as well as one-time passwords (OTPs), directly on your registered mobile number.
In this blog, we will give you steps on how to link an Aadhaar card with your mobile no, through both online and offline methods in just a few easy steps.
Documents Needed to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number
To link your Aadhaar with your mobile connection, you only need to provide a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card. No other documents, such as address or identity proof, are necessary.
Fees to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number
- During Aadhaar enrollment – No Fees
- Link/change/update your mobile no – Rs. 50/-
Note: If multiple fields are updated at once, there is no need to pay an additional fee.
How to Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card Online – Step-by-step Guide
Steps for Offline – Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number
To link your Aadhaar card with your mobile no., you can visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment/Update center. Follow the steps below to register/update your mobile number in your Aadhaar card
Step 1: Find the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment/Update center by clicking on https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
Step 2: If you are new to the UIDAI ecosystem, mention your mobile number in the Aadhaar Enrolment Form to register it with your Aadhaar card. If you have changed your existing mobile no. or did not register it earlier, fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form instead.
Step 3: Now submit the form, provide your biometrics for authentication, and make the payment.
Step 4: The executive will provide you with an acknowledgement slip.
Step 5: The slip contains a URN that you can use to track your status of Aadhaar update.
Step 6: You can also track your status of Aadhaar card by calling UIDAI’s toll-free number, 1947.
Step 7: You do not need to get another Aadhaar card after updating your mobile number in your Aadhaar card.
Step 8: Once your mobile no. is linked to your Aadhaar card, you will start receiving Aadhaar OTPs to avail of various facilities.
Online Steps to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number
With this method, subscribers can complete the linking process from the comfort of their own homes. Follow the step-by-step procedure below to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number online:
Step 1: Visit the website of your telecom operator.
Step 2: Enter the mobile number that you want to link, verify or re-verify with Aadhaar.
Step 3: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 4: Enter the OTP and click on “Submit” to proceed.
Step 5: A consent message will appear on the screen. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number to be linked.
Step 6: The telecom operator will send you a message for OTP generation.
Step 7: You will then receive a consent message about the e-KYC details.
Step 8: Accept all the terms and conditions and enter the OTP.
Step 9: After completing this process, a confirmation message about the re-verification of your Aadhaar and phone number will be sent to you.
How to Change Photo in Your Aadhaar Card: A step-by-step guide
Link Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card Using IVR
The Indian govt. has introduced an interactive voice response service to enable telecom subscribers to link their Aadhaar with their SIM cards using a single no. for both pre-paid and postpaid users. Follow the steps below to link your mobile number with Aadhaar using IVR:
Step 1: Dial the toll-free number 14546 from your mobile phone.
Step 2: Select the proper option to verify that whether you are a resident of India or an NRI.
Step 3: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number when prompted.
Step 4: Press 1 to confirm the Aadhaar number you entered.
Step 5: Enter the mobile no. that is registered with your Aadhaar so that you can receive an OTP.
Step 6: Now allow the telecom operator to access your date of birth (DOB), name, and photo from the UIDAI database.
Step 7: Enter the OTP that you received on your mobile number.
Step 8: Press 1 to complete the process of re-verification.
Re-Verify Aadhaar with Mobile Number by SMS using OT
If you already have a registered mobile number and want to re-verify your mobile number with your Aadhaar by physically visiting a store and sharing the OTP, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the nearest store of your telecom operator.
Step 2: Provide a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card.
Step 3: Submit your mobile number and Aadhaar card details accurately to the store executive.
Step 4: Use the re-verification application to generate a 4-digit OTP, which will be sent to your mobile number.
Step 5: Submit the OTP to the store executive and provide your biometrics.
Step 6: After 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation SMS. Reply with “Y” to complete the e-KYC process.
How to link Aadhaar Card with EPF Using EPFO/UMANG
Benefits of linking Aadgar Card to Mobile Number
- Access to Aadhaar-related services: To make use of various Aadhaar-related services, it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar card to your registered mobile number.
- Access to Aadhaar services on your phone: By downloading the mAadhaar app, you can access multiple Aadhaar services on your mobile phone.
- Online updates: If you need to make any updates to your Aadhaar card, you can use the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP), which requires your mobile number to be linked to your Aadhaar.
- Access to all online services: In order to use all the online services that are linked to Aadhaar, it is necessary to connect your mobile number to your Aadhaar card. Without this link, you will not be able to access these services.
- Enhanced security: To ensure greater security, OTPs are sent to your registered mobile number for various Aadhaar services. By entering these OTPs, your Aadhaar information is further secured.
- Downloading e-Aadhaar: To download your Aadhaar card online, also known as e-Aadhaar, you must enter the OTP number, which is sent to your registered mobile number.
- SSP Portal: Karnataka Scholarship Scheme Registration, Login, Last Date for 2023
- GST Number: Registration, Details and Format of 15 Digits GSTIN
- Post Office Saving Schemes like TD, MIS, RD, KVP, SSA – Interest Rates and Benefits 2023
- Udyam Registration MSME – How To Register Online and Details
- Up Agriculture Scheme 2023 Updats, Registration, Application and Benefits Details