All citizens who have previously applied for a Karnataka Ration Card can now check their name online in the APL / BPL / Antyodaya Ration Card Holder List. People can download the Karnataka NFSA Beneficiary List and find their name in the Ration Card Suchi.
The Karnataka government has made this new ration card list for 2023 available online to make it easier for people to find out if they are beneficiaries.
People can also find out if they are eligible for the National Food Security Act (NFSA) and if their name is on the Karnataka NFSA eligible beneficiaries list for 2023.
In addition, people can also check if they are of the Below Poverty Line (BPL) / Antyodaya ration cards generated by the Public Distribution System (PDS) department.
Karnataka Ration Card 2023 Overview
|Name||Karnataka Ration Card List 2023|
|Department||Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department|
|Government||State Government of Karnataka|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Release of Ration Card List||Online|
|Karnataka Ration Card Status Check 2023||Check Below|
|Article Category||Ration Card List|
Karnataka Ration Card List 2023
The government of Karnataka issues various types of ration cards to distinguish between different segments of society. This allows the government to provide food assistance to those in need and prevent any exploitation. The following are the types of ration cards issued by the Karnataka Government:
- Priority House Hold (PHH) Ration Card: These cards are issued to families residing in rural areas and enable them to purchase ration at subsidized rates. PHH cardholders can purchase rice at Rs. 3 per Kg and also wheat at Rs. 2 per Kg.
- Annapurna Yojana (AY) Ration Card: These cards are issued to underprivileged citizens who are over 65 years of age. The cardholders can avail of 10 Kg of ration every month.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Ration Cards: These cards are issued to families with an annual income of less than Rs. 15,000. This card entitles them to buy ration at cheaper rates than other cardholders.
- Non-Priority House Hold (NPHH) Ration Card: These cards are issued to families with a higher annual income. NPHH cardholders do not receive ration at subsidized rates.
By issuing different types of Ration Cards, the government of Karnataka ensures that food assistance reaches the right people and helps to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor.
- TNPDS Smart Ration Card | Application Form, Apply Online 2023
- TNREGINET | EC Registration and Download@tnreginet.gov.in
- Karnataka Seva Sindhu Portal 2023 | Registration at sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in
Karnataka Ration Card Eligibility 2023
To apply for the Karnataka Ration Card 2023, you must meet certain eligibility criteria set by the government. Karnataka Ration Card Eligibility for 2023 is listed below:
- You must be a citizen of Karnataka State.
- You must not have a prior Ration Card issued in your name.
- Newly married couples can apply for a new ration card.
- Citizens who have a temporary ration card can apply for a new one if their temporary ration card has expired.
Karnataka Ration Card Application Fee
Once the ration card application is approved, a copy of the same will be delivered to the applicant’s address within 15 days through the postman. When receiving the ration card, the applicants must pay the application fee as described in the table below to the designated postman.
|Mode of Application||Payment Recipient||Amount|
|Online||Postman||Rs. 100 per copy|
|Offline||Service kiosk in-chargePostman||Rs. 50 (for each visit)Rs. 70 per copy|
Documents Required For ahara.kar.nic.in New Ration Card 2023
If you want to apply for a new Karnataka Ration Card 2023, you can do so either online or offline. You will need to fill out the application form and provide the necessary documents. Here are the documents required for a new Karnataka Ration Card application:
- Ration card application form
- Birth certificate or any other proof of date of birth
- Aadhaar card for you and your family members
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Photo ID proof
- Recent passport-size photos of you and your family members.
To apply for Karnataka Ration Card 2023, you need to attach the required documents to the application form and submit the form at the nearest office. The submitted documents will be authenticated, and your ration card will be delivered to you by post.
|Online apply for a Karnataka new Ration Card||Click here|
|View Karnataka Ration Card Beneficiary List 2023||Click here|
|Check KAR RC e-Status||Click here|
|Lodge online Grievance||Click here|
Application procedure for Karnataka Ration Card?
The state of Karnataka has established an online application procedure for applying for a new ration card. You can visit the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies, and also Consumer Affairs Dept, Karnataka, on the website ahara.kar.nic.in and follow the step-by-step procedure below:
Step 1: Visit the website and select “e-Services (ಇ-ಸೇವೆಗಳು)” from the menu bar on the homepage.
Step 2: You will be redirected to a new page. From the left menu sidebar, under the e-Ration card (ಇ-ಪಡಿತರ ಚೀಟಿ) tab, click on the “New Ration Card” or “ಹೊಸ ಪಡಿತರ ಚೀಟಿ”.
Step 3: Choose the language in which you want to submit the application form and click on “New Ration Card Request.”
Step 4: Select the type of ration card you want to apply for, i.e., PHH or NPHH. Make the relevant choices from the list that appears.
Step 5: Enter your Aadhaar UID number and registered mobile number. Click on the “Go” icon.
Step 6: An OTP will be sent to your mobile number for verification. Enter the received OTP.
Step 7: After successful verification, click on “Add” to generate an application number for a new ration card. You will be shown an application form for the same.
Step 8: Fill in the details asked in the corresponding fields.
Step 9: Click on the “Save” button to submit your application form. Note down your unique application number for future use.
Step 10: The authorities will issue the ration card within 15 days of receiving the application. You can collect a copy of the same by making a payment of Rs. 100 to the concerned department.
Offline Apply for KAR Ration Card 2023
To apply for a new ration card in the state of Karnataka, follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest Service Kiosk.
- Use Aadhar authentication to complete the application with all necessary details.
- Choose a fair price shop in the Taluk.
- It is recommended that all family members visit the Service Kiosk at once to avoid paying the application fee of Rs. 50 each time.
- According to NFSA 2013, the eldest female member of the household is considered the head of the household.
- After submitting the application, authorities will verify documents and survey the household.
- If verification and inspection are successful, the ration card application will be approved.
- A copy of the ration card will be sent to the registered house address within 15 days under SAKALA.
- A payment of Rs. 70 must be made to the postman who delivers the ration card.
Karnataka Ration Card Status Check 2023
If you applied for a Karnataka Ration Card in 2023, you can check its status on the official portal. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website for Karnataka Ration Card: ahara.kar.nic.in
- On the homepage, click on the option for ‘E-Services’, which will open a drop-down menu.
- Look for the option ‘Karnataka Ration Card Status 2023’ and click on it.
- Another drop-down menu will appear. Choose ‘Status of new/existing Ration Card’.
- Next, select the region where you live.
- Verify your details, and the status of your Karnataka Ration Card 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
In case of any queries or issues, you can contact the concerned authorities of Karnataka Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department through
a) Phone No: 08022259024 and 08022034652
b) Email Add: firstname.lastname@example.org
c) Helpdesk No.: 18004259339