IIT JAM (Joint Admissions test for Master’s) is an exam conducted by IIT Roorkee on a yearly basis for students who are in the final year of their bachelor’s or have already completed it. The exam will be conducted by IIT Roorkee on February 13. This year, two exam cities have been added in Haldwani, Uttarakhand and Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Island.
IIT JAM 2022 will be conducted in a computer-based mode (CBT) or online mode for seven subjects which are Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH). Last year, the Economics subject was added to the IIT JAM exam.
Approximately six lakh candidates are expected to appear for the exam.
IIT JAM Exam 2022 Important Dates
|Starting of online application form||25th August 2021|
|Last date of online application submission & uploading of documents||14th October 2021|
|Last date to pay application fee||17th October 2021|
|Commencement of correction||20th – 25th October 2021|
|Admit card release||January 2022|
|IIT JAM 2022 exam date||13th February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Answer Key||March 2022|
|Announcement of result||22sn March 2022|
|Score Card||1st April – 31st July 2022|
|Submission of application for admission||11th – 25th April 2022|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for making Changes of Category in Proper Format & Rectification of Defective Documents||4th May 2022|
|Declaration of 1st admission list||1st June 2022|
|Declaration for 2nd admission list||16th June 2022|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||25th June 2022|
|Declaration of 4th admission list||5th July 2022|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2022||11th July 2022|
How to Apply for IIT JAM?
- Visit official website
- Click on “JOAPS Applicant login” option on the home page.
- Fill the details such as name, mail ID & phone number.
- Now candidates will receive an enrollment number on their registered mail ID & number.
- After receiving details, login using the given login credentials.
- Proceed to fill other personal & qualification details.
- Candidates must also submit exam city as per their preference.
- Once all details will be filled, upload passport size photograph & signature in JPEG format.
- Photograph must be in 3.5 cm width * 4.5 cm height in range of 5KB to 200 KB.
- Signature must be in range of 5 KB to 100 KB with maximum 160 * 560 pixels & minimum 80* 280 pixels in size.
- Candidates must also upload category certificate (if required).
- Now re-check & verify the given details.
- After verification, click on “submit” option.
- Then proceed to submit application fee as per your category.
- Once fee will get submitted, a confirmation page will appear on your screen.
- Take printout of confirmation page for future reference.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM?
- Indian as well as foreign national category candidates will be eligible to apply.
- Candidates must qualify Bachelor’s degree to be eligible for IIT JAM 2022.
- The candidate must score at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category) to be eligible for IIT JAM 2022.
- Applying candidates will have to submit physical fitness proof from registered medical practitioner.
- There will be no age limit to apply for IIT JAM 2022.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in year 2022 will be also eligible for examination.
How to Download the IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card?
IIT JAM 2022 admit card was scheduled to be released on January 4 but has been postponed until further notice. IIT Roorkee has not stated the reason for postponing the IIT JAM 2022 admit card. As of now, no other dates of IIT JAM 2022 has been changed.
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM 2022
- Click on the tab indicating IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card download
- Log in by entering the registration credentials
- Download the IIT JAM 2022 admit card in PDF format
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) | Last Date to Apply, Registration Form, Eligibility
- MAHADBT Scholarship 2022 Registration, Dates, Online form, Application
- NDA Exam Date: NDA Application Form Apply Online, Date, Fees
- Gate Admit Card 2022 Release Date and Time | Download Gate Admit Card at iitkgp.ac.in
Exam Pattern for IIT JAM 2022
|No of Questions||60|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Question type||Section 1: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)Section 2: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)Section 3: Numerical Answer Type (NAT)|
|Mode||Online, CBT mode|
|Total Marks||100 per paper|
|Negative Marking||Negative marks will be there only for Section 1|
IIT JAM Syllabus
1. IT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus:
- General Biology – (Taxonomy; Heredity; Genetic variation; Conservation; Principles of ecology; Evolution; Techniques in modern biology.)
- Biochemistry and physiology – (Carbohydrates; Proteins; Lipids; Nucleic acids; Enzymes; Vitamins; Hormones; Metabolism – Glycolysis, TCA cycle, Oxidative Phosphorylation; Photosynthesis. Nitrogen Fixation, Fertilization and Osmoregulation; Vertebrates-Nervous system; Endocrine system; Vascular system; Immune system; Digestive system and Reproductive System.)
- Basic biotechnology – (Tissue culture; Application of enzymes; Antigen-antibody interaction; Antibody production; Diagnostic aids.)
- Molecular Biology – (DNA; RNA; Replication; Transcription; Translation; Proteins; Lipids and Membranes; Operon model; Gene transfer.)
- Cell Biology: (Cell cycle; Cytoskeletal elements; Mitochondria; Endoplasmic reticulum; Chloroplast; Golgi apparatus; Signaling.)
- Microbiology: Isolation; Cultivation; Structural features of virus; Bacteria; Fungi; Protozoa; Pathogenic micro-organisms.
2. IT JAM Chemistry Syllabus – (10+2+3 level):
- Atomic Structure – (Bohr’s theory and Schrodinger wave equation; Periodicity in properties; Chemical bonding; Properties of s, p, d and f block elements; Complex formation; Coordination compounds; Chemical equilibria; Chemical thermodynamics (first and second law); Chemical kinetics (zero, first, second and third order reactions); Photochemistry; Electrochemistry; Acid-base concepts; Stereochemistry of carbon compounds; Inductive, electromeric, conjugative effects and resonance)
- Chemistry of Functional Groups – (Hydrocarbons, alkyl halides, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, amines and their derivatives, Aromatic hydrocarbons, halides, nitro and amino compounds, phenols, diazonium salts, carboxylic and sulphonic acids, Mechanism of organic reactions.)
- Synthetic polymers – (Bio molecules, amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids, lipids and carbohydrates (polysaccharides), Instrumental techniques – chromatography (TLC, HPLC), electrophoresis, UV-Vis, IR and NMR spectroscopy, mass spectrometry)
3. IT JAM Mathematics Syllabus – (10+2 level):
|Sets, Relations and Functions||Mathematical Induction||Logarithms|
|Complex numbers||Linear and Quadratic equations||Sequences and Series|
|Trigonometry||Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates||Straight lines and Family|
|Circles||Conic Sections||Permutations and Combinations|
|Binomial Theorem||Exponential and Logarithmic Series||Mathematical Logic|
|Statistics||Three Dimensional Geometry||Vectors|
|Matrices and Determinants||Boolean Algebra||Probability|
|Functions||limits and Continuity||Differentiation|
|Application of Derivatives||Definite and Indefinite Integrals||Differential Equations|
4. IT JAM Physics Syllabus – (10+2 level):
|Physical World and Measurement||Elementary Statics and Dynamics||Kinematics|
|Laws of Motion||Work||Energy and Power|
|Electrostatics||Current electricity||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Electromagnetic waves||Optics|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations||Atomic Nucleus||Solids and Semiconductor Devices|
|Principles of Communication||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Gravitation|
|Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||Heat and Thermodynamics||Oscillations, Waves|
How to Give the IIT JAM mock test?
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM 2022 – https://joaps.iisc.ac.in/
- Click on the tab indicating Mock Test
- Click on the subject
- Click on Sign in
- Read the instructions and click on ‘Next’
- Click on the checkbox indicating the candidate has read and understood the instructions followed by clicking on the tab ‘I am ready to begin’
- Take the mock test
Tips and Tricks for the IIT JAM Examination
- Avoid any kinds of distraction and keep your focus on the study.
- Make a proper study plan and follow it strictly.
- Go through the Exam pattern and Syllabus.
- Keep the proper balance between games and study.
- Go through the mock tests and previous year question papers.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam – Admission Process
- Fill the IIT JAM Registration form
- Down load the admit card from the official IIT JAM website
- Give the IIT JAM Exam
- Check the results on the official website
- Fill the admission form for the IIT JAM Counseling
- Check IIT JAM Admission list
- Offer letters will be given out to the candidates
- Submit the acceptance letter and Advanced seat booking fee through JOAPS
IIT JAM Exam Related FAQs
Q. What is the IIT JAM official website?
Q. Can I fill the exam form now, even though I have missed the last date of registration?
Ans – No, you cannot fill the registration form after the last date of Application.
Q. What is the registration/exam fee?
Ans – The registration fee for females and reserved category students belonging to SC/ST/PwD appearing for one paper is Rs.750, while those appearing for 2 papers is Rs.1050 and for everyone else appearing for 1 paper is Rs.1500 and Appearing for 2 Papers is Rs.2100
Q. Where will I get my exam centre?
Ans – Exam centers are given based on the preferences entered by the candidate while applying for the Exam
Q. Can I rectify my exam form if there are some mistakes in it?
Ans – Yes, you can rectify it before the submission date.
Q. Details in the admit card are not the same as I had filled in my registration form, what do I do?
Ans – You will have to report the problem to the official help desk of the exam conducting committee to resolve the issue.
Q. Will the admission fee be refunded if I don’t appear for the exam?
Ans – No, Exam fee is non-refundable.