BMTC Bus Pass: The BMTC student pass smart card is a personalized card that features the student’s name and photograph. Each card has a unique printed number as well as a distinct number encrypted into its electronic chip.
The chip contains information regarding the student, including their residence, academic institution, and travel source and destination. Additionally, the card’s validity period is also stored on the chip.
The Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) is a government-run organization responsible for managing and operating all public transportation services in Bengaluru.
According to BMTC Managing Director C. Shikha, the organization boasts the largest number of Volvo bus services in the country.
The BMTC bus service system is highly advanced, connecting almost every area of the city with its 34 bus stations and three main bus stations. BMTC buses begin operating at 5:00 am and continue till midnight, with additional night bus services running after midnight to destinations linked to the Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru.
Apply Online for Issuance of BMTC Student Pass
Students who did not receive a smart card pass last year or who lost their old cards can apply for a new card by following the below steps:
- Visit the BMTC Bus website (Click Here).
- Click on the “Student Pass” tab.
- Select the “Apply for New Student Pass” option.
- Enter your SAT/PU enrollment number or admission number (for non-state board students), which is a unique number assigned by the institution at the time of admission.
- Provide details such as caste, school, standard, college year, etc.
- Complete the OTP verification process, which will be sent to the mobile number entered in the application.
- Wait for approval from the institution/BMTC, which will be sent through an SMS.
- Once you receive the approval SMS, book an online appointment to visit the nearest pass issuance counter by clicking on the “Schedule/Reschedule Appointment” option on the “Student Pass” page.
- Enter the required details to book your appointment.
- Appear in person at the selected pass counter and have your photograph taken.
- Collect your new card from the issuance counter.
How to Fill Application Form
If you’re interested in getting a BMTC or KSRTC bus pass, you can apply through two modes: online and offline. To obtain complete information on the BMTC bus pass application form for 2022, follow the steps below.
- Online mode
- Offline mode.
For those applying offline mode, you must download the application form from the link provided. The form contains self-explanatory information, and it is straightforward to fill out once you have a hard copy.
As proof of age, any one of the following documents to be produced
- Senior citizen ID card issued by Govt. of Karnataka /India or any of its authorized agencies.
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- PAN card
|Sr. No.||Category||Rate||Travel facilities offered||Special Benefits offered|
|1||City||Rs.450/-||Unlimited travel in all non -A/C services within city limits for one calendar month.||7 benefits under * Rainbow Scheme.|
|2||Sub-urban /Pushpak/Suvarna||Rs.600/-||Unlimited travel in all City, Suburban and Pushpak/Suvarna services for one month.||7 benefits under * Rainbow Scheme.|
SPECIAL MONTHLY COMMUTER PASSES
|1||Suburban -cum-Trumpet||Rs.700/-||Unlimited travel in all City , Sub-urban and Trumpet services operated between Trumpet and Airport Terminal for one calendar month.||7 benefits under Rainbow Scheme.|
|2||Vajra Gold Pass||Rs 1250/- PM (Earlier Rs. 1500/-)|
|3||Vayu Vajra Gold pass||Rs.2,550/- Special offer group purchase of 50 & above passes, Rs.2,400/- per passGroup purchase of 100 & above passes, Rs.2300/- per pass||Unlimited travel in all A/C & Non-A/C services operated by BMTC, including BIAL Vayu Vajra & Suvarna for one calendar monthEligible for Twin benefits||Twin Benefits|
BMTC Bus Pass Rate List
The Bus pass rate list is provided below.
Bmtc bus pass Acknowledgement
The BMTC Bus Pass Acknowledgement serves as a receipt to confirm that the services requested, inquiry, or action have been received. In government terminology, it is a letter that acknowledges receipt of the application form.
After submitting your application form, you will receive an acknowledgement letter on your registered email address and mobile number. This confirms that your BMTC bus pass online application form has been successfully submitted on the portal.
Bmtc Bus Pass Renewal Process 2022
If your BMTC bus pass is nearing expiry and you want to renew it for 2022, the online renewal process can save you the hassle of waiting in the long line at the bus station. It’s important to renew your pass before it expires to avoid any inconvenience.
Renewing your pass is a simple process that doesn’t require filling out a new application form, which can be boring and confusing. Follow these steps to renew your pass online:
- Visit the official website “https://mybmtc.karnataka.gov.in/english“
- Click on “Student Pass” under online services.
- You will get to a new page, “Student Pass Online Application”.
- Click on “Student Bus Pass Application Format (up to 10th standard)”.
- Download the form on your device and take a printout.
- Fill out the application form, paste your recent passport-sized photograph and sign it.
Submit the form to the education institute or nearest bus stand.
- You can also change your name by filling out the same form and following the required procedure.
Bmtc Bus Pass Price
The minimum fare for a BMTC daily bus pass in 2022 starts at ₹70. Alternatively, you can buy a ticket from the conductor for ₹5, which covers a distance of 2 km and the subsequent charge depends on the distance you travel. The maximum price for a 40 km distance is ₹30, so you have the option to choose either of these two options.
The Karnataka government has updated the Bangalore bus pass prices based on new guidelines. The pass rate is divided into three sections: processing fees, bus pass rate, and the total amount to be paid.
Good news for students! SC/ST professional and college students, technical/medical students, and evening/PHD college students can get a bus pass for free.
Instruction for Students
The application process for bus passes has been updated based on the category of students, depending on their board (SATS/CBSE/ICSE) or the course they are pursuing for higher studies.
For students studying in 1st to 10th standard and PUC in state board schools/colleges (SATS & PU Board), it is mandatory to enter their SATS/PU enrolment number and date of birth before proceeding with the application. Only BMTC officers will approve applications for students in the 1st to 10th standard, and schools will not be burdened with this responsibility. For PU students, applications will be approved by their colleges.