Merit cum Means Scholarship: Education remains unattainable for many students due to their financial circumstances, leading to a significant number of dropouts, particularly among those who have completed their matriculation, being reported each year in West Bengal.
As a result, the Indian government has implemented programs to encourage students to return to the classroom.
One such initiative is the Merit-cum-Means scholarship, which enables exceptional students to pursue their secondary education.
The Ministry of Minority Affairs launched this scholarship program in the academic year 2006-2007. The Government of India offers financial assistance through this program to help impoverished but deserving students pursue higher education.
Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities Scheme 2023
Features and Eligibility Criteria For Scholarship
- The Merit-cum-Means scholarship program is a key initiative of the Ministry of Minority Affairs and is aimed at supporting students from minority communities.
- This program is categorized as a Central Sector Scheme and is fully funded by India’s Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Every year, a total of 60,000 new scholarships are awarded under this scheme, providing much-needed financial support to deserving students.
- Students who are eligible for this program can renew their scholarships until they complete their courses.
- Applicants must belong to a minority community given by the Government of India, which includes Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis), and Jains.
- They must have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in their final examination.
- Additionally, the gross annual income of their parents must not exceed ₹ 2,50,000.
- Students must pursue their course from an affiliated school, institution, college, or university in India.
- The minimum duration of their course should be one year.
Fees Provided by the Govt for Merit cum Means Scholarship
|Course Fee||Hostellers||Day Scholars|
|Class Maintenance allowance||Rs. 1,000/- per Month||Rs. 500/- per month|
|Scholarship tuition Fess||Rs. 20,000/- per annum||Rs. 20,000/- per annum|
|Scholarship Name||Last Date to Apply||Institute Verification Last Date|
|Merit cum Means Scholarship Date||Update Soon||Update Soon|
Pre Matric Scholarship for Minorities Scheme 2023
Documents Needed For Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme
To apply for the Merit-cum-Means scholarship scheme, students need to upload several documents on the NSP website.
- A verification form from the student’s institution
- An annual income certificate of the student’s family
- Student’s Aadhaar number.
- Previous qualifying exam mark sheet at the higher secondary or undergraduate level and a community certificate of the student.
- If the applicant is above 18 years old, the community certificate should be self-certified.
- If the applicant is below 18 years old, the community certificate should be certified by their parents or guardian.
- The applicant’s bank account number and the account holding branch’s IFSC Code must also be provided.
- Students must submit a receipt of the present course fee and a residential or habitation certificate as well.
How to Apply For the Merit cum Means Scholarship
To apply for the Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme, follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Visit the NSP official portal and click on the ‘New Registration‘ button.
- Select the agreements and fill out the details on the ‘Fresh Registration Application’ form. Click on ‘Continue‘ to proceed.
- After filling in all the details, click on ‘Submit.’
- You will get a Student ID and Password for the application on your registered mobile number.
- Next, click on ‘Login‘ and enter the Application ID and Password to log in to the website.
- Choose the ‘Ministry of Minority Affairs‘ option from the website’s home page.
- Open the ‘Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS‘ application form and fill it out carefully.
- Finally, submit the form by following the further steps provided.
HelpDesk for Post Matric Scholarship
|Phone NO.||0120 – 6619540|
Monday to Friday
9.00 AM to 5.30 PM.