The Agneepath Scheme Bharti Program is a new recruitment initiative by the Indian government aimed at enlisting personnel for the Army, Navy, and Airforce. The term “tour of duty” has recently gained prominence in the Indian armed services, and to boost it further, the government has launched the Agneepath Recruitment Program.
This program offers a new entrance point and opportunity for anyone who wishes to join the Indian armed services, regardless of whether they prefer the Indian Army, Indian Navy, or Indian Air Force. The Agneepath Military Bharti Program is a national government initiative open to all Indian citizens, and those selected through this recruitment process will be referred to as “Agniveers.”
Agneepath Scheme Details
|Agneepath Yojana Entry Scheme of India
|Youth of India
|To Give Opportunities for the Indian youth to serve in the armed forces as Agniveers.
|Total Service Time
|17.5 to 21 years
|Online or Offline
Agneepath scheme Key Features
The Agneepath scheme, which aims to recruit personnel for the Indian armed forces, comes with several key features:
- Pan India recruitment: The scheme is open to all Indian citizens regardless of their location in the country.
- Four-year tenure: Those selected through the recruitment process will serve a four-year term.
- Opportunity to serve as Agniveers: Those enrolled through the scheme will have the opportunity to serve in the armed forces as Agniveers.
- Attractive emoluments: Enrolled individuals will receive attractive monthly emoluments and a handsome Seva Nidhi package.
- 100% opportunity for permanent enrollment: The scheme offers a 100% opportunity for permanent enrollment in the armed forces.
- Organizational requirements: Based on married organizational requirements, 25% of Agniveers will be selected through a central, transparent, rigorous system after four years.
- Annual package: According to the Ministry of Defense, enrolled individuals will receive an annual package of 4.76 lacks in the first year, which will increase to 6.9 lacks by the fourth year.
- Service fund: Upon completing four years of service, enrolled individuals will receive a tax-free service fund of rupees 11.7 lacks, along with other risk and hardship allowances.
Educational Qualifications For the Posts
|General Duty Post
|Matric with 45% marks in aggregate
|Intermediate exam, non-Matric passed in the subject Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and also English.
|Clerk/Storekeeper Tech Post
|Intermediate exam passed (stream from – Arts, Commerce, Science) with Min. 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject min.
|Nursing Assistant Post
|Intermediate exam passed in Sci. (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and also English) with a min of 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject min.
|Soldier Tradesman Post
|Specified duties: Non-Matric; General duties: Non-Matric
How to Apply For the Scheme
- First, visit the official website www.mod.gov.in of the Ministry of Defence.
- Look for the Agneepath registration link in the “What’s new” section on the homepage.
- Click on the registration link to open the application form.
- Fill in all the required details in the registration form.
- Upload all the necessary scanned documents along with the application form.
- Pay the required fee and review the entire application form before submitting it.
- Once you have reviewed and verified the application form, click on the “Submit” button to save your information.
- You can apply again for the Agniveers Agneepath Scheme by following the same steps as mentioned above.
Documents Needed for Agniveers Scheme
- Address details
- Identification documents such as Aadhar cards, Pan cards, and voter identification card
- Scanned copies of passport and driving licence
- Scanned signature
- Scanned photograph
Financial Benefits for Agniveers in the Armed Forces
|Composite Annual Package
|– Approx. Rs. 4.76 Lakhs in the 1st year.
– Upgraded to approx. Rs. 6.92 Lakhs in the 4th year.
|Risk & Hardship, Ration, Dress, Travel allowances
|– 30% of monthly emoluments to be contributed by individuals
– The equal amount matched and contributed by the Government
– Corpus of Rs. 10.04 Lakhs plus accrued interest, exempted from Income Tax, after 4 years
|– Compensation based on % disability laid down by medical authorities
– 1 time ex-gratia of Rs. 44/25/15 Lakhs for 100%/75%/50% disability, respectively
Advantages of the Agneepath scheme
- Access to a diverse range of career options.
- Opportunity for the Indian Army to retain some soldiers as permanent soldiers for the nation.
- Discharged soldiers will have the necessary skills and experience to compete in the civilian job market with the support of the Indian Army.
- Numerous corporate and multinational companies are interested in hiring Agniveers.
- Exposure to the disciplined lifestyle of the armed forces can be personally beneficial for Agniveers.
- Specialized training can enable Agniveers to start and maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- The government can save significant amounts of money and use it for modernizing the defence force.