The Government of Andhra Pradesh has announced the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme for the welfare of the poor and vulnerable.
The scheme aims to provide financial help, especially to people below the poverty line and other socially and economically backward people.
This scheme is launched under ‘Navaratnalu’, a set of nine welfare schemes introduced by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S Jagan Reddy.
Old age people, Wearers, Widow, Disabled people, Toody Tappers, Transgender, Dappu Artists, Single Women, Fisherman can now apply for this scheme.
This article discusses YSR Pension Kanuka eligibility criteria, the application process, documents required, amount of pension, the application process, etc.
Who is eligible for the YSR Pension Kanuka?
In general, all applicants should fit into the following primary terms:
- They should hold Andhra Pradesh domicile
- The applicant should hold a Below Poverty Line (BPL) status.
- They should not be beneficiaries of any other pension scheme.
Eligibility Age Criteria According to the YSR Pension Category:
Around 16 lakh people of Andhra Pradesh state benefit from the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme.
There are 12 different pension categories for the betterment of the people.
|Pension Category||Eligibility Criteria|
|Old Age Pension||Both males and females, who are above 60 years of age and do not have family or relatives to depend upon, also have very little money.|
|Weavers Pension||Poor and 50 and above 50 age years weaver.|
|Widow Pension||According to the Marriage Act, 18 years and above.|
|Disabled Pension||A person with a minimum of 40 % of disability of any age.|
|Toddy Pension||Members of Toddy Co-operative Societies (TCS) or individuals under the Tree For Tappers (TFT) scheme and above 50 years of age as of 1/2/2009.|
|ART Pension||An individual of any age who had taken six months of continuous treatment of Antiretroviral Therapy (ART).|
|Chronic Kidney Disease of Unknown etiology (CKDu) Pension||Patients of any age are undergoing constant kidney dialysis.|
|Transgender Pension||Above 18 years of age|
|Fisherman Pension||Above 50 years of age|
|Traditional Cobblers Pension||Above 40 years of age|
|Single Women Pension||Women above 35 years of age are separated for more than one year and deserted women.|
Unmarried women and have no support from family.
Rural areas: Above 30 years of age.Urban areas: Above 35 years of age.
|Dappu Artist Pension||Above 50 years of age.|
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a YSR Pension?
Applicant must submit a photocopy of the following documents while applying for YSR Pension:
- Aadhar Card
- Age proof
- Bank passbook
- Address proof
- Passport size photo.
How to Apply for YSR Pension?
Follow the step-by-step guide to apply for YSR pension:
Step 1: Go to the official website of YSr Pension Kanuka https://sspensions.ap.gov.in/.
Step 2: On the home page, select the download option.
Step 3: Click on YSR Pension Kanuka.
Step 4: Now, various scheme application forms, Kanuka offers will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Select and download the YSR Pension application form.
Step 6: Take a printout and fill in the details carefully.
Step 7: Attach all the required documents to the form and submit it to the Gram Panchayat.
Step 8: After submitting the application form, appointed authorities verify the applicant’s status.
Further, the process will be performed as follows:
- All the YSR Pension Kanuka applications will be submitted to the Gram Panchayat office or government offices.
- Then, it will be sent to the Gram Sabha inspection.
- If Gram Sabha approves the application form, it will be sent to the Mater Patrol Officer(MPO) authorities.
- Next, it will be verified in the Mater Patrol Officer’s office or the Municipal office.
- Once the application is verified after meeting the eligibility criteria of YSR Pension, the pension amount will be sent to the government office or to the Gram Panchayat, where the application has been submitted.
- A beneficiary can collect their pension amount from the government or the Gram Panchayat office.
- TTD Online Seva – Online Booking, Darshan, Availability, Suprabhata Seva, Rooms, Donations
- TSRTC Bus Pass – Online Application Process, Eligibility, and Price.
- How to Apply Community Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu – Eligibility, Documents Required
- TN E-Sevai portal, Tnega citizen login – Registration, Citizen Login & Application Status
Application Process at a Glance:
How Much Pension Amount Is Given Under YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme?
Rs. 2250 per month will be given to Single women, old age, widows, fishermen, toddy tappers, PLHIV (Art Pensions), traditional cobblers
Whereas, Rs.3000 per month will be given to disabled, transgender, aappu artists.
Chronic Kidney Disease of unknown etiology (CKDu) pensions will receive Rs.10000 per month.
What Is The Approval Procedure For The New Pension of YRS Pension Kanuka?
The approval procedure for New Pensions of YRS Pension Kanuka involves the following stages:
- Selection of pensions:
The list of eligible applicants will be sent by the Mandal Parishad Development Officers (MPDO) / Municipal Commissioner logins to the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) for approval.
- Verification of Below Poverty Line ( BPL) Households.
Applicants with BPL status are eligible to become beneficiaries of this scheme.
However, The Government has decided to examine specific factors included or excluded from the YSR Pension scheme.
Here are those factors:
In this scheme, priority shall be given to the following members:
- ST households: Especially to Primitive Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTG).
- Practising Artisans: Village artists, animal herders, weavers, toddy tappers, potters, blacksmiths, cobblers, carpenters, washermen, and other backward classes.
- Daily labours: Daily wage labourers, agricultural labourers, migrated labourses.
- Wandering tribes refer to the people who have no permanent place to live.
- Orphans and people with no support.
- Disabled persons: A person with a 40% disability
- Manual Scavengers
- Other socially and economically backward people.
2. Excluded factors in the YSR Pension Kanuka
Following factors are excluded from becoming eligible for this scheme:
- State/ Central Government and Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Employees.
- Any government pensioners
- Income taxpayers
- Landowners with more than 2.5 acres of wetland and 5 Acres of dry land. Also,5 Acres of land with both dry and wetland.
(Note: This is not applicable for ST in scheduled areas in Indian Defence Account Service (ITDAs).)
- Outsourced employees
- Private salaried
- Car owner
- Freedom fighters pension holders.
Information About Approval Authority of YSR Pension Kanuka Application Form:
In rural areas, the Mandal Parishad Development Officers (MPDO) have the authority to approve all pensions of eligible applicants.
In urban areas, the Municipal Commissioner (MO) has the authority to approve eligible applicants’ pensions.
How are YSR Pensions distributed among the beneficiaries?
The Government has installed 16800 tabs and biometric devices among the pension disbursing officers. This system allows them to send pension payments to beneficiaries’ accounts every month.
The CM of Andhra Pradesh launched the YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme. This scheme works as financial support to the Below Poverty Line( BPL) and other poor-vulnerable people.
The aim of this scheme is to lead poor people to have better lives.
You can avail benefits of this scheme by applying on YSR Pension Kanuka Portal.
Other Important Related Articles to Read