The Chief Minister of Karnataka has announced that state-run higher education institutes in the region will adopt the LMS Karnataka Scheme 2022 for online instruction. This move is expected to benefit 4.5 lakh students and 24,000 teachers across 87 polytechnics, 14 engineering colleges, and several first-rate universities.
The cost of this initiative is estimated to be around 34.14 crores, with the KLMS being applied in two ways: LMS-based digital learning and 2500 ICT-enabled classrooms. The main goal of this digital initiative is to shift academic curricula online and into a digital format.
The launch of this programme will be a significant benefit for the pupils in Karnataka. The official report suggests that 4.5 lakh students and 24,000 teachers will benefit from the initiative, which has a budget of approximately 34 crores. The government plans to set up 2500 ICT-enabled classrooms and digital platforms and systems to ensure the success of the programme.
The LMS plan will provide video lectures with 10 multiple-choice questions for classroom administration, study resources, and PPT practice tests. The use of digital methods leaves a lasting impression on students’ minds. Digital courses in several languages, including PPT PowerPoint presentations, videos, quizzes, assignments, and study materials, are a few examples. The state of Karnataka expects that this digital effort will boost e-learning in institutions and schools.
LMS Karnataka Details
|About||LMS Karnataka – Learning Management System|
|Started By||Government Of Karnataka|
|Concerned Authority||Department Of Collegiate & Technical Education|
|Objective||Online Platform For Digital Learning|
|Beneficiary||Students Of Karnataka|
- The program’s main objective is to provide e-learning opportunities to students and teachers in Karnataka state through the Learning Management System.
- The program aims to benefit around 4.5 lakh students and 24,000 teachers in the state.
- The budget allocated for the Learning Management System Project is approximately 34.14 crores.
- The program will be managed in two ways – through 2500 ICT-enabled classrooms and digital-based learning management systems.
- The Karnataka LMS Academic will be implemented in 430 government first-class colleges, 14 government engineering colleges, and 87 government polytechnic institutes from the academic year 2020-21.
- The LMS platform will include study materials, PPT practice tests, and video lectures with 10 multiple-choice questions for classroom administration.
- The Karnataka government has initiated an LMS-based digital learning platform for the students of the state.
- The online learning management system provides students with access to educational resources anytime and from anywhere.
- Students can avail themselves of video content, study materials, practice test papers, library, and other resources through this platform.
- The KLMS scheme aids teachers and lecturers in transitioning from traditional teaching methods to digital ones.
- The platform promotes self-learning among students.
Documents for LMS Karnataka Scheme
- Student Enrollment Number at School.
- Phone Number.
- Email Address
- Certificate of Birth.
LMS Karnataka Scheme Registration Form 2022
Process of the Karnataka LMS Learning Management System, the online registration form for 2022, as well as the features and advantages of the LMS Platform. The LMS Scheme 2022 is now available in state-run higher education institutions in Karnataka to facilitate online learning.”
- The project is expected to impact the teaching and learning processes of around 4.5 lakh students and 24,000 professors, according to S.S. Yeddyurappa, the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- The Karnataka Government has announced that the Karnataka LMS 430 will be implemented in 87 government polytechnics, 14 government engineering institutes, and first-class government colleges.
- The project will be executed in two ways: digital learning powered by an LMS and 2500 classrooms using ICT, according to Yeddyurappa, and it is estimated to cost ₹34.14 crores.
LMS Karnataka Scheme Application Procedure
As the Karnataka LMS Scheme is yet to be launched by the Chief Minister, there is currently no formal application process suggested by the higher authority, nor is there an accessible LMS Scheme portal.
However, once the gateway for this program opens, a notification will be sent out. Although the digital learning component of the program is yet to start online, students will benefit from it. We will keep you informed when the online process for this scheme becomes available.
Furthermore, the Karnataka government will officially launch an application for this initiative on the Play Store.
Students can use this program to attend online classes on their tablets and mobile devices while being supervised by professional teachers.