The Indian government has started issuing digital Health ID cards to citizens as part of the Digital Ayushman Bharat drive. You too can get a digital health card by applying online, in a few minutes only.
The card is issued by National Health Authority at the Ministry of Health and Family Affairs. It is valid across the country.
In this article, we will discuss some of the top features of the health ID and inform you ways and means to get Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card for yourself and your family
- 1 Understanding the Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card
- 2 Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card Overview
- 3 Features of Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card
- 4 How to Apply For Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card
- 5 FAQs Related to Ayushman Bharat Digital Health ID
Understanding the Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card
Using a Health ID is your first step towards creating safer and efficient digital health records for you and your family. You can opt-in to create a digitally secure Health ID, which allows you to access and share your health data with your consent, with participating healthcare providers and payers, says the official website of the health ID card.
You can access the website at this link and start the process of getting your health ID card within minutes.
The health ID card is issued in the digital format only. You can take its printout and get it printed on paper and laminate the card. Or you can ask the nearest printing shop to make a plastic ID card with the printout.
Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card Overview
|Yojana / Scheme Name||Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi|
|Yojana Objective||To provide helath insurance at an affordable price|
Features of Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card
Here’re some of the best features of the Ayushman Bharat Health ID card. Some more features will be added by the National Health Authority at the Ministry of Health and Family Affairs, in the days to come.
- Digital Health Records: Access your information right from admission to treatment and discharge in a paperless manner.
- Easy and Fast Signup: Create your Health ID using only your basic information along with Mobile Number, or Aadhaar.
- Voluntary Opt-in: The Ayushman Bharat health ID card is not compulsory. You can participate at your own free will and choose to create your Health ID voluntarily.
- Voluntary Opt-out: You can erase your health data from the Ayushman Bharat database anytime. You’re in control.
- Consent Based Access: Healthcare providers, doctors, insurance companies can access your health data only if you consent. Nobody can get this information unless you approve.
- Access to Doctors: You can access all the doctors approved by Ayushman Bharat Mission across India, either at government run hospitals or private ones.
- Child Health ID: You can also make an Ayushman Bharat health ID for your children and store their health records safely.
- Nomination Facility: You can nominate your wife, child or a relative to access your health records. This is particularly useful during medical emergencies.
- Inclusive Access: You can access the Ayushman Bharat health database and get your medical records over smartphones or other means too.
- Safe and Secure: All your health data is stored securely and nobody can hack into the system to access it. Only you can authorize the use of your health records.
Some of these features of the Ayushman Bharat health ID card will be activated by the National Health Authority in coming days. Check the website for more details.
How to Apply For Ayushman Bharat Health ID Card
If you’re interested in applying for the Ayushman Bharat health ID, simply follow any of these three processes that we will be describing now. These processes are very simple and can be done from the comfort of your home or office too.
Method 1: Aadhar-based Health ID
The Aadhar-based Ayushman Bharat Health ID is the fastest to get. Follow these simple steps and your health ID will be ready within minutes.
- Visit the Ayushman Bharat health ID portal.
- Click on the ‘Create Your Health ID Now’ link.
- You will get three options: Generate via Aadhar Card, Generate via Driving License and another if you don’t have either Aadhar card or driving license.
- Click on the ‘Generate via Aadhar Card’ link.
- Now fill in your 12-digit Aadhar card number.
- You have to accept to verify your Aadhar card with Unique Identity Development Authority of India (UIDAI) through a One Time Password (OTP).
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Click on the box to show that you’re not a robot.
- You will receive an OTP from UIDAI on your Aadhar registered mobile phone number.
- Key in the OTP.
- On the next page, your photo, address and other details will appear.
- From the drop menu, select the state where you live.
- Select the district where you live in that state.
- You have to make a unique health ID for yourself, with the suffix @ndhm, which will be displayed on the registration page.
- The unique health ID has to be at least four characters.
- Click on ‘Generate’
- Your Ayushman Health ID will be generated in a few seconds.
- Download the JPG image of the health ID and save it, get it printed.
This is the simplest and the fastest way to get your NHA Ayushman Bharat health ID Card. The picture on the ID will be the same as the one on your Aadhar card.
Method 2: Driving License Based Health ID
The second method of getting an Ayushman Bharat health ID is by using your driving license. This process is very slow and you will have to wait for a few weeks before you get the health ID.
Here’s how to enrol using your driving license.
- On the Ayushman Bharat health ID page, click: ‘Generate ID via Driving License’ link
- You will receive a message saying that you will have to take the registration number to your nearest Ayushman Bharat health facility to get the health ID.
- Click Proceed.
- Fill in your mobile phone number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click to show that you’re not a robot.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile phone.
- Key in the OTP.
- Now fill in your driving license number
- Fill in the expiry date of the driving license
- Now fill all personal details such as your name, date of birth and postal address.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Here you will have the chance to review all the details such as your name, date of birth and postal address and make any corrections, if necessary.
- If there’re no corrections, click ‘Proceed’.
- Now you will get a registration number of your Ayushman Bharat health ID.
- Take a printout of this number and the personal details that appear below.
- Take the printout to your nearest Ayushman Bharat hospital or clinic to complete the process.
- This process usually takes between four and six weeks before you get your health ID from Ayushman Bharat.
Method 3: Health ID without Aadhar Card and Driving License
If you don’t have an Aadhar card or driving license, it is still possible to generate your Ayushman Bharat health ID. In such cases too, you will have to go physically to the nearest Ayushman Bharat hospital or clinic to complete the formalities and get the health ID issued.
The process is as follows.
- Visit the digital health ID portal and go to ‘Create Your Health ID Now’ link.
- Next, select the “I don’t have any IDs/I don’t want to use my IDs for creating Health IDs” link.
- Here, you have to submit your mobile phone number and get the OTP.
- Key in the OTP
- You will be directed to a page where you have to fill in all your personal details.
- Fill in your personal details such as name, date of birth, gender and correct postal address.
- Next, click ‘Verify.’
- Here, you will get the page showing a review of the information that you’ve filled in.
- Review the information and correct any errors that you might find.
- Click ‘Submit’ on this page.
- Now, you will get a registration number, along with your personal details.
- Take a printout of this page.
- Take the printout to the nearest Ayushman Bharat hospital or clinic.
- Ayushman Bharat staff at the hospital or clinic will verify your details along with the application number.
- The staff will confirm that you have applied for a Ayushman Bharat health ID card
- You will get a reference number from the staff to indicate that your application has been submitted.
- You can check the progress of your application at these hospitals and clinics.
- Take a printout of the Ayushman Bharat health ID card, when it is issued.
This is also a lengthy process since it involves physically visiting the hospital or clinic where Ayushman Bharat facilities are available.
Read Related Articles:
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY): Eligibility, Benefits and How to Apply Online – Complete Guide
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: Complete Guide
- Gram Suraksha Yojana Rural Postal Life Insurance Scheme
- PSTM Certificate Tamil Nadu– How to Get PSTM Certificate PDF
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: Complete Guide
- TN E-Sevai portal, Tnega citizen login – Registration, Citizen Login & Application Status
FAQs Related to Ayushman Bharat Digital Health ID
Q: Is Ayushman Bharat digital health ID compulsory?
A: No. The health ID is voluntary and you need not get it. There’s no compulsion to register and get the health ID.
Q: What are the benefits of the Ayushman Bharat health ID?
Ans: The Ayushman Bharat health ID helps you get access to doctors at government clinics and free medical treatment easily. Your health records are also stored digitally so that you don’t have to maintain bulky files.
Q: Is there any fees for getting the Ayushman Bharat health ID?
Ans: No, there are no fees for the Ayushman Bharat health ID. It is a free service.
Q: Who can register for the Ayushman Bharat health ID?
Ans: All citizens of India can register for the Ayushman Bharat health ID. You can also register minor children for this ID and maintain their health records digitally.
Q: Who gets access to my health records?
Ans: Hospitals, clinics, doctors and insurance companies can access your medical records. However, you have to authorize them to access these records.
More Related Articles:
- Covid-19 Vaccines for 15- to 18-Year-Olds in India: Registration, Locations & Cost
- Covid-19 Vaccines for Children Below 12 Years in India
- What is Delmicron? Is it a New Coronavirus Variant? – All You Need to Know
- Free Covid Vaccine Centers Near Me – Cowin.gov.in Centers at Walking Distance
- Covishield Vaccine Registration, Efficacy Rate, Side Effects, Dose Gap
- Cowin Covid Vaccine Registration Near Me for 18 Years Old
- Cowin Certificate Download by Mobile Number | Cowin Vaccine Certificate