Pre Matric Scholarship for Minorities Scheme: The scholarship offered at the pre-matric level aims to encourage all the parents from minority communities to send their children to school, easing their financial burden and sustaining their efforts to support their children’s education until completion.
This initiative will lay the foundation for their academic achievement and provide equal opportunities in the competitive employment market.
The scheme’s ultimate objective is to empower minority communities through education, leading to an improvement in their socio-economic conditions.
Conditions and Eligibility Criteria For Scholarship
- The Pre Matric Scholarship for Minorities is available for minority students who are in classes of 1 to 10 std.
- Eligible candidates for this scholarship must belong to one of the minority communities recognized by the Indian government, such as Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis), and Jains.
- The scholarship is open to students studying in government or private schools.
- Applicants must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their previous final examination.
- The annual income of the candidate’s parents or guardian should not exceed INR 1 lakh. This income includes all sources of income.
|Scholarship Name||Last Date to Apply||Institute Verification Last Date|
|Pre Matric Scholarship Date||October-Nov.||Update Soon|
Fees Provided by the Govt for Pre Matric Scholarship
|Admission fees from classes 6 to 10 Std||Rs. 500 per annum||Rs. 500 per annum|
|Tuition fee for classes 6 to 10 Std||Rs. 350 per month||Rs. 350 per month|
|Maintenance allowance is payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.|
|Class 1 to 5 std||Nil||Rs. 100 per month|
|Class 6 to 10 Std||Rs. 600 per month||Rs. 100 per month|
How to Apply For the Pre Matric Scholarship for Minorities Scheme
The Pre Matric Scholarship for Minorities can be easily applied for through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), which is a centralized platform for all scholarships offered by the Central Government. The application process for this scholarship can be completed in the following steps:
- Visit the official website of NSP – Click.
- Register as a new user by providing all the necessary details.
- Enter your domicile details, name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, and email ID; select the scholarship you want to apply for.
- Verify your mobile number using the OTP generated after completing the previous step.
- Log in to the NSP portal using the OTP and fill in the application form.
- Upon submission, an application ID and password will be generated for future reference.
- Note that once the application is submitted, no changes can be made.
Terms and Conditions for Pre Matric Scholarship for Minorities
- 30% of the scholarships will be reserved for girl students, and if eligible girl students are not available, then these earmarked scholarships can be awarded to eligible boy students.
- The number of scholarships for minorities is limited, and weightage will be given to poverty over marks in case of selection conflict.
- The scholarship will cover the entire course, but the maintenance allowance will only be given for 10 months in an academic year.
- The State Government/Union Territory administration will be responsible for implementing the scheme.
- No more than two students from a family can avail of this scholarship.
- Regular attendance is necessary for uninterrupted benefits.
- The claim of being an outstation student not residing in the hostel must be certified by the respective school/institution.
- The scholarship may be suspended or cancelled in case of a violation of school discipline.
- False statements during application will lead to the cancellation of the scholarship, and any amount already paid will be recovered.
- Course/tuition fees will be credited to the school’s/institute’s bank account, while maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account.
- The selected students cannot avail benefits of any other scholarship simultaneously.
- The scheme will be evaluated regularly by the Ministry or any other agency.
- The regulations of the scholarship can be changed at the discretion of the Govt of India.
- The scholarship can be renewed for the next academic year after producing a certificate of scoring at least 50% marks.
|Phone NO.||0120 – 6619540 |
Monday to Friday
9.00 AM to 5.30 PM.