EPFO Mobile Number Change: Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is one of the most popular post-retirement schemes launched in India. It was launched in the year 1952 by the government of India. The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) are the ones who are in charge of keeping a tab on all the accounts under the scheme.
Their services are easily accessible online or through your mobile number, only if it is registered with your Universal Account Number (UAN).
The EPFO members do not have to visit the EPFO Office to avail any services. They can take the benefit of all their services through the EPFO Online portal or through SMS services. In a situation where you have to change your mobile number, it is important that you change the registered mobile number on the EPFO too to continue using all the EPFO services.
But first, how do you register your mobile number if you are a new member or have not yet done so.
How to Register your Mobile Number in EPF Account with UAN
- Visit the UPFO Member Portal
- Click on “Activate UAN” under the “Important Links” tab
- Enter all your details asked (UAN, Aadhaar Number, Date of Birth and Mobile Number)
- Enter the Captcha
- Click on the checkbox that says “I hereby consent to provide my Aadhaar Number, One Time Pin (OTP) data for Aadhaar based authentication for the purpose of establishing my identity and I agree to share my basic details as available with Aadhaar for the purpose of activating UAN.”
- Then click on “Get Authorization Pin”
- A one-time-password will be sent to the mobile number that you had input
- Enter the OTP and activate your UAN
- This will cause your mobile number to be registered as well
How to Change Mobile Number in EPFO Online
- Go to the UPFO Member Portal
- Enter your UAN and Password to login to your account
- Click on “Contact Details” under the “Manage” tab
- Click on “Change Mobile Number”
- This will open a new window where you will have to input your mobile number and then confirm the number.
- Click on “Get Authorization Pin”
- An OTP will be sent on the number that you have input
- Enter the OTP and click on “Submit”
- Your new mobile number is registered
How to Change Mobile Number in EPFO if you have Forgotten the Password
- Visit the EPFO Member Portal
- Click on “Forgot Password” under the login option
- Enter your UAN and the Captcha that is shown
- Click on “Submit”
- Click on “No” if you want to change your registered mobile number
- Enter your demographic details (Name, Date of Birth, Gender) and click on “Verify”
- Choose whether you want to verify your details with Aadhaar or PAN
- Enter your Aadhaar/PAN
- Click on “Verify”
- Once the details have been verified a new window will open asking you to input the new mobile number
- Enter the mobile number and click on “Get OTP”
- The OTP will come on your new mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on “Verify”
- After the OTP is verified you will be asked to enter a new Password
- Click on “Submit” after entering and confirming your new password
- You have now registered your new mobile number and set a new password.
Services Provided Through Mobile
- UAN Status
- EPF Details
- PF Balance
- Transactions through EPF
- Bank Account / PAN / Aadhaar linked details
- OTP Authentication services
Benefits of having the Mobile Number Linked with UAN
- Checking of PF Balance by sending a text from the registered mobile number
- Checking of Claim Status
- You will receive a notification on the registered mobile number on every contribution towards your account
- When you want to withdraw any amount from your account, you will receive an SMS notification on your registered mobile number
- You can transfer your old EPF funds to a new account
- For every activity that happens on the EPFO Member Portal, an OTP is sent on the registered mobile number for verification.
What is the official UPFO Member Portal url?
Is there any time bracket in which I can send SMS to get my PF Balance?
No. The SMS Service is available 24/7.
Does the UAN change when I change my job?
No. Irrespective of whether you change your job or whether your employer gets changed, the UAN doesn’t change.
Is the missed call service to know my PF Balance chargeable?
No. The missed call service is free of charge
About what services do I get notifications for?
You get notified about all the activities that happen in your account.
Important Related Articles to Finance & Government Schemes