The TNPSC Group 2 Exam to recruit eligible candidates for various posts. If you want to appear for this exam, you need to know all the details, including the syllabus.
The TNPSC Group 2 syllabus is essential for candidates preparing for the exam. It provides a list of topics and subjects from which questions will be asked in the exam. Knowing the syllabus and also the exam pattern will help candidates understand the exam’s demands.
Read this article to learn about the complete TNPSC Group 2 syllabus and other important details. You may also want to read about TNPSC Group 2 Salary.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2023
- The final merit list is going ti be based on the total marks got in the Mains exam.
- The exam consists of two papers, namely Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper I comprises two questions each for Tamil to English Translation and also English to Tamil Translation.
- Paper II has 15 questions, with three questions each on Precis Writing, Comprehension, Hints Development, Essay Writing on ‘Thirukkural’, and Letter Writing.
- Paper I is a qualifying exam, meaning that only those who pass it will have their Paper II evaluated.
- To qualify for the Group 2 and Group 2A main exams, a minimum of 102 and 90 marks respectively are required.
- The TNPSC Group 2 exam is available in both English and Tamil languages.
Preliminary Examination Paper Type
|1 hour 30 minutes
|90 out of 300 marks for Post of Non-interview
102 out of 340 For Interview Post where (300 + 40 marks of interview)
|No fix duration
|No. of Questions
|General Tamil or English (S.S.L.C. Standard)
|General Studies (in Degree Standard)
|Aptitude/ Mental Ability Test (S.S.L.C. Standard)
The TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus
The TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus includes two papers, Paper-I and Paper-II, with different titles for each section.
Paper-I Syllabus includes:
- Tamil to English translation
- English to Tamil translation
Paper-II Syllabus includes:
- Precis writing
- Hints Development
- Essay writing on the following topics from ‘Thirukkural, a classic Tamil text, composed by Thiruvalluvar over two thousand years ago, has been revered by scholars, poets, and people of all faiths and backgrounds across the world. Its universality is reflected in its secular character, relevance to everyday life, impact on humanity, promotion of universal values, relevance to socio-political-economic affairs, and philosophical content.
- Letter writing – Official
The TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus is focused on language skills and includes translation, comprehension, writing, and critical analysis. It is divided into two papers with different titles, each focusing on different aspects of language. Paper-I is all about translation while Paper-II includes precis writing, comprehension, hints development, essay writing, and official letter writing.
Important TNPSC Notes
- The General Studies questions for both Preliminary and Main Written Examinations will be available in both Tamil and English languages.
- To qualify for evaluation, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks, or 40 marks, in Paper-I for the Main Written Examination.
- The answer sheets for Paper-II, Paper-III, and Paper-IV in the Main Written Examination will only be evaluated if the candidate meets the qualifying marks for Paper-I.
- The marks obtained in Paper-I will not be considered in the ranking process.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2023
|TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern PDF 2023
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Prelims
|General English- Grammar (Part A)
|General English- Literature (Part B)
|General English- Author
& Literary Work (Part C)
Prefix & Suffix
Fill in the blanks
Odd one out
Identify the sentence
|Figure of Speech
Appreciation Questions from Poetry
Important Lines from the Poem
Biography of Important persons
Dr Karl Paulnack
Comprehension Questions from Motivational Essays
British English-American English
Comprehension Question from Description of Places
|Poem & Poets
Authors & their stories
Biography & Auto Biography
Characters, Quotes, and Important Lines of Indian Authors
Nationality of story
About Poets, Dramatists
Various Works of Author
Period of the poets
Nature centred Literary works and global issue Environment & Conservation
Theme observed in Literary Work
- Elements and Comp, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides
- Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper
- Nature of Universe
- Main concepts of Life Science
- Political Science
Geography of India
- Social Geography
- Natural calamity
History and Culture of India
- Indus valley civilization
- Change and Continuity in the Socio
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony
- Constitution of India
- Union Executive, Union legislature
- Spirit of Federalism
- Election – Judiciary in India – The rule of law.
- Corruption in public life
- Nature of the Indian economy
- Sources of revenue
- Structure of Indian Economy and also Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture
Indian National Movement
- National Renaissance
- Different modes of Agitation
- Communalism and partition
History, Culture, Heritage and Society
- History of Tamil Society
- Role of TN in the freedom struggle
- Evolution of 19th/20th Century Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu.
Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Ratio and Proportion
- Logical Reasoning
Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Political parties and also the Welfare schemes for various sections of people
- Social Justice and Social Harmony
- Education and Health systems in TN
- Geography of TN and its impact on Economic growth
- Achievements of TN in various fields
- e-governance in Tamil Nadu
|Official Website of TNPSC