The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) is a Government of India initiative to provide affordable housing to the rural poor.
It was originally launched in 1985 as the “Indira Awaas Yojana” and was revamped and relaunched in 2016 by the current government as part of its “Housing for All by 2022” initiative. The PMAYG mission has now been extended until 2024, which is expected to benefit thousands of rural residents.
To further support the “Housing for All” mission, the finance minister has recommended in the Union Budget 2022–23 that over 80 lakh affordable houses be constructed and delivered by 2023.
Additionally, an allocation of Rs 48,000 crore has been recommended for the stalled projects under affordable housing schemes across the country.
PMAYG Eligibility 2022-23 (PM Awas Yojana 2022)
Here are the guidelines set by the government for the identification and selection of beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAYG) scheme for 2022–23:
- You or your family should not own a pucca house anywhere in the country.
- Families with one or two rooms with kutcha walls and kutcha roofs are also eligible.
- Families belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), and minority sections of society.
- The Kisan Credit Card (KCC) limit must be lower than Rs 50,000.
- No family member should be in a government job or earn more than Rs 10,000 monthly.
- The family should comprise a spouse and unmarried children.
- An applicant or their family members must not be professional taxpayers.
- The applicant should not own a two-wheeler, three-wheeler, or four-wheeler.
- Your household should not have any member serving as a government employee.
- Your household should not own a refrigerator or a landline.
These guidelines ensure that the PMAYG scheme benefits those who truly need affordable housing in rural areas.
PMAYG 2023 Details
|New list of Govt of India||pmayg.nic.in 2021-22 Gramin List|
|Who started the scheme?||The then Prime Minister, Mr Modi.|
|Central objective of the scheme||To do residential development for all the homeless rural people and to provide their own house to all by the year 2022.|
|They will get the benefit of the scheme||All the rural people eligible under the scheme will get the benefit of this scheme.|
|New update released under the scheme||The Government of India has released the PMAYG 2021 New List.|
|PM Awas Yojana Online Registration 2022||Click Here|
|Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2022||Click Here|
- PM Swamitva Yojana 2023: Online Registration and Benefits
- PM Kisan Beneficiary List 2023 at pmkisan.gov.In
Important documents related to Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana PMAY
- Aadhar card
- voter card
- I Certificate
- bank account details
- home absence certificate
- mobile number
- PAN card
- passport size photo
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin Steps
steps to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) at pmayg.nic.in:
- Visit the official website of PMAY-G at https://pmayg.nic.in/ (as of 2022).
- Fill in the required details.
- Enter your Aadhar card no. and click on the ‘Search’ button to find the beneficiary name.
- Once you find the name, click on ‘Select to Register’.
- Verify your auto-filled details and add any remaining details.
- Provide your consent form, bank account details, MGNREGA number, and Swachh Bharat Mission number.
- After submitting all the required information, your registration number will be generated.
Keep in mind that beneficiaries are automatically selected by the government based on the Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011 (SECC). However, if you are eligible and have not been selected as a beneficiary, you can follow these steps to register for the PMAY-G scheme.
Beneficiaries under PMAYG Scheme 2022-23 @ pmayg.nic.in
The PMAYG Scheme 2022-23 at pmayg.nic.in has set certain guidelines for the identification and selection of beneficiaries. Priority will be given to the most deprived households based on the following socio-economic parameters:
- Households without any adult members between the age of 16 to 59 years.
- Households without any literate adult member above 25 years of age.
- Households are headed by a female, without any adult members between the age of 16 to 59 years.
- Households with a disabled member and without any able-bodied adult.
- Landless households earn most of their income from manual casual labour.
Contact details for PM Awas Yojana 2023
- If you have any suggestions or issues with the PMAYG website (pmayg.nic.in as of 2022), you can contact the support team using the following details to get your queries addressed.
- Toll-Free Helpline Numbers of PM Awas Yojana 2022: 1800-11-6446, 1800-11-8111.
- Email Addresses for PM Awas Yojana 2022: support-pmayg[at]gov[dot]in, helpdesk-pfms[at]gov[dot]in.
- You can find state-wise lists of contact numbers and email addresses on the official website of PMAY Gramin (pmayg.nic.in as of 2022).
- To download the Awaas mobile app for Android, click here.
- To download the Awaas mobile app for iOS, click here.