Everyone wants a shortcut nowadays. Whether it be while driving or with their career or success. But to find this shortcut, we all need to start somewhere.
This somewhere isn’t going to be through a nice shiny company that will help you out with all of the crises that you are facing. No. Unfortunately, such a thing does not usually happen. Most of us have to start our careers at some small company in our field which is very small and can provide only the bare minimum of the salary and you drag by to find a rather comfortable or at least more acceptable company.
But what if I tell you that you don’t have to do that. What if I tell you that you can start out from the comfort of your home? It’s true and I am not bluffing when I say that you can start your career without grovelling?
You probably won’t believe me but I do not lie. This article shows a list of jobs that you can do from the comforts of your home and are currently in high demand.
10 Best Online Jobs in Chennai
1. Chat Agent
This is a new field of work that has recently been developed due to the increase in websites and the confusion that happen among people while accessing these websites. A chat agent makes the experience of the user easier by providing easy instructions. They are also the first ones who are contacted with any queries and are expected to solve them or connect with officials who can.
Also Read: Top 10 Most Popular Chatting Apps in India
2. SEO Expert
SEO Experts are required by companies to make optimize the content that is being posted on the company website. They make sure that the content is Search Engine Optimised so that whenever a person types a certain keyword, the content presented by the search engine lingers around the content of the website.
If you have a knack for numbers or enjoy doing financial or economical work, you should definitely try becoming a bookkeeper.
A bookkeeper is a person who does the filing of all the financial transactions, to and from the company and keeps a record of all the monetary transactions done by the country.
Not only that the bookkeeper makes sure that this data is not wrongly accessible to anyone and maintains a professional relationship with people around them.
4. Social Media Manager
A social media manager is someone who is up-to-date with society, following all the trends, promoting the sales of all products and services of the company and managing the social presence of the company or individual.
Most big companies need social media managers to make sure that all events and works of importance done by the company are being broadcasted on all social media platforms and they are gaining an audience that could become potential consumers.
5. Online Recruiter
An online requite is similar to an HR except that he/she work from home instead of from the office. The works of an online editor are simple. Find correct candidates for a job opening at a company in the connection, make sure that the candidate is prepared with anything that they might need. If their candidate is selected for the job, the Recruiter gets a bonus.
Also Read: Top 10 Best IT Companies in Chennai in 2020
All websites, blog writers, etc. need a proofreader to make sure that the content that is going online is happy and not too stuffy. The proofreader also makes sure that the content is in line with the website itself and that the article follows the stylebook of the company.
A transcriptionist is someone who converts audio notes that are recorded in audio or even Audio/video format to the print format. This conversion could be handwritten or typed. It is a field that is booming because of the availability of jobs and the language barrier causing a problem between individuals, employees, etc.
8. Data Entry Operator
This is one of the most versatile fields in the country due to its hold and requirement in society. A data operator is someone who takes the raw data and converts it to something beautiful and comprehensible to the layman.
This job can be found in every field. Whether it be engineering, singing, writing, directing, designing, etc. a data entry operator is always a must to document and record the data that the company collects.
9. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is basically a real assistant who works remotely rather than at the office. The virtual assistant does all the work of real assistant scheduling meetings, like creating and arranging files in proper order, taking notes while meetings, scheduling and rescheduling any meetings, arranging team-building meetings, etc.
10. Online Tutor
One of the reasons for the sudden boom in online tutors is the lockdown that had been imposed in the country and has yet not completely let go.
In this situation, parents prefer their students to have some form of interaction with teachers and educators and gain the necessary education that they are supposed to.
This has caused tutors of various subjects to pop up at different places and have a high demand and respect in society.
Also Read: Online Tutoring Companies in India
Summary of Top 10 Oline Jobs in Chennai
|Chat Agent||· Writing skills|
· Fast response
· Conversation & communication skills
|· Respond to customers as quickly as possible|
· Listen to the consumer’s problems and resolve the issue
· Provide real-time support
· Document all the complaints, issues, and suggestions
· Use a professional approach while dealing with consumer issues
· If multiple issues are documented regarding the same issue, inform the department head
|₹30,000 to ₹40,000 per month|
|SEO Expert||· Critical thinking|
· Project management
· Research skills
· Decision Making
· Content Creation
· Communication skills
· Knowledge about popular SEO tools
|· Collection and analysis of data|
· Tracking and reporting website analysis
· Optimizing the website’s content to reach maximum audience potential
· Managing the company’s website
|₹4,000 to ₹35,000 per month|
· Budget making
· Keeping records
· Computing Proficiency
· Time management
· A knack for numbers
· Good memory
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Data Entry Skills
|· Creating weekly, monthly/yearly budgets|
· Maintaining the financial records
· Processing Sale Invoices
· Preparing IT Returns
· Monitoring any differences or fluctuations with the budget
|₹12,000 to ₹25,000 per month|
|Social Media Manager||· Social media skills|
· Creative writing
· Keeping up with trends
|· Promoting Products on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.|
· Running Social Media campaigns
· Posting Creative stories
· Sharing videos, gifs
· Managing Comments on all posts
· Creating attractive captions
|₹5,000 to ₹25,000 per month|
|Online Recruiter||· Confidence|
· Communication Skills
· Strong Networking
· Good Listening Skills
· Marketing and sales (Basics)
· Critical Thinking
|· Designing and updating Job Description|
· Finding the correct candidate from the mass
· Crafting acceptance and rejection males to candidates
· Advertise Job Availability
· Send Job Offers
· Interviewing candidates and screening them
|₹5,000 to ₹20,000 per month|
|Proofreader||· Excellency in English Language |
· Research Skills
· Computing Skills
· Ability to work singularly
· Reading and correcting
· Vast General Knowledge
· Communication Skills
|· Correcting all grammatical and linguistic mistakes|
· Enhancing the readability
· Following the given format and correcting if not followed
· Following the stylebook provided by the company
· Review documents
· Make sure the quality of the document isn’t affected
|₹2,000 to ₹18,000 per month|
|Transcriptionist||· Great listening skills|
· Excellent memory
· Fast typing with accuracy
· Proficiency in language and grammar
· Technological proficiency
· Attention to detail
|· Convert the audio to text|
· Make sure the text is grammatically correct
· Print and make copies of the done work
· Keep records of all the documents
· Follow the format provided
|₹1,000 to ₹16,000 per month|
|Data Entry Operator||· Fast typing|
· Software and Tech Knowledge
· Verbal & Written Communication Skills
· Time Management
· Research skills
· Accuracy while typing
|· Insert the given data in the form of word or excel|
· Compile the data for easy understanding
· Correct any and all mistakes or errors in the data present
· Research if the document is incomplete
· Store and record the compiled data
· Answer any queries that the customer may have
|₹9,000 to ₹12,000 per month|
|Virtual Assistant||· Proficiency in Microsoft tools|
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Organizational skills
· Social media mana gement
· Proficiency in the cloud
· Management skills
|· Plan and organize Company activities|
· Manage office logistics
· Handling administrative work
· Bookkeeping (Basics)
· Creating presentations and schedules
· Supervising administrative staff when required
|₹1,000 to 12,000 per month|
₹250 per hour (if experienced)
|Online Tutor||· Deep knowledge of the subject|
· Communication skills
· Listening skills
· Technical knowledge
|· Teach the subject thoroughly|
· Create a healthy classroom atmosphere
· Help students navigate their doubts
· Give them regular tests to check their understanding and knowledge of the subject
· Provide a course structure and reference materials for the students
|₹2,000 to ₹10,000 per month|