PAN Card Download: A permanent Account Number (PAN) is an identification document issued to Indian taxpayers. A PAN Card is a national identity card issued by the Indian Income Tax Department (I-T).
A PAN number is a 10-digit alphanumeric code that is used to group together all of an individual’s IT transactions. Tax payments, TDS/TCS credits, and other similar transactions of financial nature.
How PAN Card is Useful?
PAN is important for the economic well-being of our country. Since it is linked to an individual, it can be used as identity proof for financial transactions. By linking all financial transactions to a person’s PAN, the government is able to track the flow of money and thus prevent tax evasion. PAN plays an important role in rooting out the menace of black money laundering.
In order to facilitate the quick processing of PAN applications, the government has 2 prominent portals – the NSDL & the UTIITSL. Applicants can apply for PAN through these portals online and get them approved in less than a week.
Once approved, applicants are notified of their PAN number by SMS and email. Using their new PAN number, applicants can easily download their e-PAN document while they are waiting for their physical PAN card to be delivered by post.
Who Is Eligible To Use The Online PAN Card Download Service?
- To use the e PAN card download service, one must have applied for PAN through the NSDL e-Gov portal or the UTIITSL portal, and the application must have been processed.
- Users can download their e-PAN card for free up to three times if their PAN application was submitted through either portal and was allotted or confirmed by the ITD within the past 30 days.
- If the PAN was assigned or changes to PAN data were confirmed by the ITD before 30 days, the user will need to pay the applicable download charges to access their e-PAN.
- The downloaded e PAN card’s PDF will be password-protected, and the user must enter their date of birth as the password to access it.
Online PAN Card Download from the NSDL portal:
- Visit onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/requestAndDownloadEPAN to get started.
- On the homepage, you will see 2 options of Acknowledgement Number or PAN.
- If you choose PAN, enter your 10-digit alphanumeric PAN card number.
- Next, enter your Aadhaar number, date of birth, GSTN (optional), and catch code (only for individuals).
- Once you have read the instructions, tick the acceptance box.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will then see the PDF of your e-PAN card on the screen.
- Alternatively, you can use the acknowledgement number that was sent to you during your PAN card application to download your e-PAN.
- If you choose this option, you will need to enter your Acknowledgement Number, Date of Birth, and captcha code.
- Click the Submit button.
- The PDF of your e-PAN card will then appear on the screen.
- To download the e-PAN immediately, click on the ‘download PDF’ option.
E PAN Download Through The UTIITSL Portal –
- Visit the UTIITSL portal page at pan.utiitsl.com/PAN ONLINE/ePANCard for e-PAN download.
- Enter your PAN card no. and date of birth as provided in your PAN application in the given fields.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code and click ‘Submit.’
- Once the system verifies your credentials, a download link will be sent to your registered mobile number and/or email.
- Click on the download link to obtain your e-PAN.
- If your mobile number and email address are not registered, submit a change/correction request form before using the e PAN card download facility.
- The e-PAN can be downloaded 3 times within one month at no additional cost.
Application Reason for a Duplicate PAN Card
There are several reasons why individuals, companies, or trusts may require a duplicate PAN card. Some of the most common reasons include the following:
- Loss/Theft: Since we usually carry our PAN card in our wallet, it’s possible to lose it due to theft or misplacement. In such cases, people often apply for a duplicate PAN card.
- Misplacement: Sometimes, we misplace our PAN card and can’t recall where we left it. On such occasions, we can apply for a duplicate PAN card.
- Damage: A PAN card can get damaged due to various reasons, leaving us with no other option but to get it reprinted.
- Change of Information: Errors can creep into a PAN card, necessitating changes and/or reprinting.
Duplicate PAN Card Download using Aadhaar Card
If you lost your PAN card and you want to apply for a duplicate one using your Aadhaar card, you can do so online through the official TIN-Protean eGov Technologies Limited website. Follow the steps –
- Go to the official website of the Income Tax Department and click on the link for duplicate PAN card applications using Aadhaar.
- Fill in the form with the required details, such as your PAN number, Aadhaar number, date of birth, and GSTIN (if applicable).
- Read and agree to all the terms and conditions before proceeding.
- Enter the captcha code given on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will then be redirected to a new web page where you can choose to receive an OTP on your registered contact details (email ID and mobile phone number).
- Generate the OTP and enter it in the designated field.
- Click on the ‘Validate’ button to submit your request for the issuance of the duplicate PAN card.
How to Request a Duplicate PAN Card Offline
If you prefer to apply for a reprint pan card offline, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Download or print the ‘Request for new PAN Card and/or changes or corrections in PAN data’ form.
Step 2: Fill in the form.
Step 3: Mention your 10-digit PAN number.
Step 4: Attach a couple of passport-size photographs of yourself and cross-sign them carefully.
Step 5: Send the completed form to the Protean eGov Technologies Limited center, along with necessary documents like proof of identity, proof of address, etc.
Step 6: Make sure to make the payment. Once Protean eGov Technologies Limited receives your form, they will review it and provide you with a 15-digit reference number.
Step 7: You can check the status of your application using the 15-digit reference number.
Step 8: The application will be forwarded to the Income-tax PAN services unit. If the information you provided is correct, then you will likely receive your reprint pan card within 14 days of applying for it.
How Do I Change Or Update My PAN Card Information?
- To update PAN card information, the applicant can visit the NSDL or UTIITSL portal and choose the Update PAN section.
- From there, select “correction” and update the necessary details. It is important to provide a copy of the address and identity proof documents to complete the update process.