We all cook different meals or have seen our family members cook meals throughout the day. For cooking, we need cooking gas, while using a Gas Stove.
LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas is one of the most common gasses that is used in our Gas Stoves. Have you ever wondered where does the cylinder that produces the cooking gas comes from? Or who fills the LPG gas in the cylinders?
There are different companies across India that provide the service of filling the metal cylinders with compressed LPG Gas and providing them to your doorstep. Bharat Gas is one such company.
Bharat Gas is an Indian Government-owned Gas and Oil Company that has been growing and has taken over the Indian Oil and Gas markets. You can register to the Bharat Gas Connection online to get a regular connection of Cooking Gas for your place.
Depending on your need, you can get a 5kg cylinder bottle, a 14.2 kg cylinder bottle, a 19 kg cylinder bottle, a 35 kg cylinder bottle, or a 47.5 kg cylinder bottle.
The 14.2 kg cylinder bottle is the most commonly used bottle size in most Indian households. Depending on the size of your cylinder the cost of the cylinders also varies.
However, the rates are different in different cities and you would have to call your nearest Bharat Gas center to find out more.
In the below article, we have given detailed information on how you can register for a new Bharat Gas Connection, what documents you need, and what to do to order a Gas Cylinder online.
Also Read: Top Oil and Gas Companies in India
- 1 How to Apply For a Bharat Gas New Connection Online?
- 2 Documents Required to Apply for New Bharat Gas
- 3 Security Deposit for a New Bharat Gas Connection
- 4 Services and Charges for a Bharat Gas Connection
- 5 Documents You Receive After Your Registration Completed
- 6 How to Book a Bharat Gas Cylinder Online?
- 7 How the GST Rule Has Affected Domestic Cooking?
- 8 FAQs Related to Bharat Gas
- 8.1 Q. What is the Bharat Gas official website?
- 8.2 Q. Do I need to go to the agency to get my documents verified after I have applied for a new connection?
- 8.3 Q. Is there a helpline number where I can reach Bharat Gas Customer Care?
- 8.4 Q. How long does it take to verify my documents and confirm my registration?
- 8.5 Q. When I book for an LPG Cylinder, are the charges mentioned online inclusive of the delivery charges?
- 8.6 Q. Where can I find the Bharat Gas Booking Details?
- 8.7 Q. Can I pay for the LPG Cylinder online?
- 8.8 Q. Can I get a new Bharat Gas connection Offline?
- 8.9 Q. Can I update my mobile number after I have registered for an LPG Connection?
How to Apply For a Bharat Gas New Connection Online?
- Visit the Bharat Gas Official website(https://my.ebharatgas.com/bharatgas/)
- Click on “Register for LPG Connection”
- Under the “Type of Connection” select “Regular LPG Connection”
- Select your State and District from the list that is provided
- Select your HP Gas Distributor that is closest to you from the list that is provided
- Click on “Next”
- You will be redirected to a new form where you will have to fill in your personal details
- Submit all your documents and click on submit
- Your application process is complete
Documents Required to Apply for New Bharat Gas
>> Identity Proof Requirement
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
>> Address Proof Requirement
- Aadhar Card
- Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Driving License
- Flat Allotment Paper
- House Registration Document
- Lease Agreement
- LIC Policy
- Ration Card
- Self-Declaration Attested by a Gazetted Officer
- Utility Bill (phone, electricity or water bill)
- Voter ID Card
Security Deposit for a New Bharat Gas Connection
|Pressure Regulator||₹100 for the North-Eastern Indian States ₹500 for the rest of India|
|14.2 KG cylinder||₹1,150 for the North-Eastern Indian States ₹1,450 for the rest of India|
Services and Charges for a Bharat Gas Connection
|Cash and Carry Rebate||₹18.50|
|Inspection or servicing LPG Stove or hotplate||1 Stove Burner: ₹100 2 Stove Burners: ₹150 3 Stove Burners: ₹200 4 Stove Burners: ₹250 Auto Ignite Stove: ₹300|
|Termination Voucher equipment collection charges||₹100|
|Installation or Demonstration Charges||₹100|
|Administrative charges for documentation||₹75|
Documents You Receive After Your Registration Completed
- DGCC (Domestic Gas Consumer Card) Book
- LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Safety Book
- Subscription Voucher
How to Book a Bharat Gas Cylinder Online?
- Visit the Bharat Gas official website
- If you are a new user, click on “New User” on the right-hand side of the window
- Fill in the required details and register yourself as a user
- If you are a regular user, click on “Sign In” and sign in to your account
- Click on “Book a cylinder”
- Enter the delivery details like the date and time
- You will receive a confirmation of your booking via an SMS
How the GST Rule Has Affected Domestic Cooking?
Under the new GST Rule, whoever orders a Cooking Gas cylinder has to pay 5% GST on the cylinder. Irrespective of where you have to get your Cooking Gas from, this tax is applicable to all companies.
All states provide 12 cylinders a year on your registration for the cooking gas. If you exhaust your 12 cylinder limit, instead of 5%, 18% GST taxes are applicable on these cylinders.
FAQs Related to Bharat Gas
Q. What is the Bharat Gas official website?
Ans – The Bharat Gas official website is: https://my.ebharatgas.com/bharatgas/
Q. Do I need to go to the agency to get my documents verified after I have applied for a new connection?
Ans – No. You do not need to go to the agency to verify your documents after registration. The verification of the documents will be done online.
Q. Is there a helpline number where I can reach Bharat Gas Customer Care?
Ans – Yes. Bharat Gas has a helpline number where you can call for your queries or even request an inspection. The number is 1800-22-4344.
Q. How long does it take to verify my documents and confirm my registration?
Ans – It takes around 4 to 5 working days to verify all your documents online and get your confirmation along with the DGCC and other documents.
Q. When I book for an LPG Cylinder, are the charges mentioned online inclusive of the delivery charges?
Ans – No. When you book an LPG Cylinder, the cost that you see on your screen is the cost of the cylinder only. The delivery charges are taken extra.
Q. Where can I find the Bharat Gas Booking Details?
Ans – After you have booked a cylinder you can visit the Bharat Gas website and check your booking status or directly click on https://my.ebharatgas.com/bharatgas/LPGServices/CheckStatus
Q. Can I pay for the LPG Cylinder online?
Ans – Yes. You can book an LPG Cylinder through an SMS or even a phone call.
Q. Can I get a new Bharat Gas connection Offline?
Ans – Yes. You can visit your nearest Bharat Gas Centre and ask the executive in booking a new LPG Connection.
Q. Can I update my mobile number after I have registered for an LPG Connection?
Ans – Yes. You can Update your mobile number on the online Bharat Gas website or directly by clicking on https://my.ebharatgas.com/bharatgas/UpdateContactNumber/Index.